Should I un-root for Soak Test?

warped1987

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the answer is obviously YES, but just want to make sure. I have my D2G rooted and I have all the GO Launcher stuff on my phone like SMS Pro, weather, Dialer, you name it I got it. Should I un-root for the arrival of the soak test to begin, pretty sure you have to be un-rooted to do an OTA update right?

Not looking forward to losing root and going back to Stock =/ But I am SUPER excited that we are FINALLY getting the GB that we've been waiting like 2 months+ for.

ExodusC

Reaction score
Heh, some of us have been waiting way longer than 2+ months.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
Well I think it's been like 8 weeks since the last "soak test" was supposed to start and we all thought we were going to get GB, but I've been waiting much longer than that just to have it

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

silver6054

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the answer is obviously YES, but just want to make sure. I have my D2G rooted and I have all the GO Launcher stuff on my phone like SMS Pro, weather, Dialer, you name it I got it. Should I un-root for the arrival of the soak test to begin, pretty sure you have to be un-rooted to do an OTA update right?

Not looking forward to losing root and going back to Stock =/ But I am SUPER excited that we are FINALLY getting the GB that we've been waiting like 2 months+ for.

I don't think you actually have to unroot but it is probably safer. The real question is what have you done while rooted, you will basically need to make sure that all system files (including bloatware) are in stock state. As I am currently running the TBH Gingerbread, I will need to SBF before getting the soak update, and that is probably a good idea if you are not sure that your phone is "clean".

Edit: the apps like Go launcher are fine, it's just the system stuff that matters.
There is a slight concern that the soak update (as compared to the GB leak) might block SBF back to 2.2 and maybe the newly found root exploit won't work. But I will take the risk!

fiveball02

Reaction score
Not positive about this but I think if u have CWR installed it wont let you upgrade.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums