Should I get a nexus?

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Yep, I'm keeping mine too. The only glitch I had was the borked bluetooth on the 4.0.4 update. I flashed the FA2 radios and it's been groovy ever since. When you get a chance check out the Galaxy Nexus Forum; lots of cool stuff....... I've already flashed a bunch and loving it :)

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
CBMGGM said:
Yep, I'm keeping mine too. The only glitch I had was the borked bluetooth on the 4.0.4 update. I flashed the FA2 radios and it's been groovy ever since. When you get a chance check out the Galaxy Nexus Forum; lots of cool stuff....... I've already flashed a bunch and loving it :)

Oh yeah, I am running J/B with a stock looking ROM and a custom kernel since day two. :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah jb has improved a lot of things. I will not buy another phone unless it at least have jb on it. That is partly why I won't get the sg3 .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
Just when things were getting rosy, I had to reboot, since the phone lost data. Second time that happens.

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
I just made a call to Verizon 611 and the reception was horrible. Blew my ear out also with this horrible screeching noise, which I have heard people complain about before.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Sounds like a network issue. Give it a day or two...... Sounds more like tower issues.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Or it could be a bad device. I went through 4 new nexus before I got a good one. The sg3 improved on the nexus just as the RAZR improved on the bionic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Maybe flash back to ICS 4.0 4 and see if the problem persists.

Last edited:
OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
I am thinking twice abut this shared data thing. It's just been a few days and I have used half a gig already out of the 4. I have not even done much! Might return the phone, but I am not sure if I can get my unlimited 3g back. I think I should have saved, bought a used nexus from Verizon online and kept my unlimited Internet.

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
en28so said:
I am thinking twice abut this shared data thing. It's just been a few days and I have used half a gig already out of the 4. I have not even done much! Might return the phone, but I am not sure if I can get my unlimited 3g back. I think I should have saved, bought a used nexus from Verizon online and kept my unlimited Internet.

A very good question about whether or not can get your money to 3 G back. Fortunately for me I got my Nexus the day before they announce the Share Plan so I still have unlimited data. After I got my Nexus I used 1.5 gigabytes in the first billing period. I'm more than 2 thirds through the next billing period and I've only used a few 100 megabytes. Naturally I was doing a lot of app downloading initially. I think if you're not doing a lot of video, your usage should stabilize.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

Last edited: