Severe battery issue.

mkthnx001

Reaction score
So after using my Droid X for about 30 mintues it goes down from 100% to 30%. I know im doing nothing wrong, so i was wondering if a factory reset might fix this problem.

PS: before, it would say my phone was at like 5% and i would reboot and it would be at 60%.

Any help is appreciated!

Hiroshika

Reaction score
sounds like how the droid is with the seidio extended battery. the phone cant recognize the charge in the battery correctly for whatever reason. not sure if theres a fix for this though..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cheshirecat79

Reaction score
Let your battery cycle a few times before really judging the current draw.

As the battery is charged and discharged it should start holding a charge better. Give it a few days and a couple of good long charges overnight. :)

ninefall

Reaction score
My first charge took about 30 minutes from 0% to 100%. Then it lasted for roughly 5 hours. Now Im on my 2nd charge. Its been on the charger for about an hour and its sitting at 50%. Give it time, Im sure youll be fine.

stryguy

Reaction score
My first charge took about 30 minutes from 0% to 100%. Then it lasted for roughly 5 hours. Now Im on my 2nd charge. Its been on the charger for about an hour and its sitting at 50%. Give it time, Im sure youll be fine.

This was exactly like my experience. I told my wife not to even bother unpacking her phone from the box. Mine left the store with 80% charge, when I got home it was at 0% but still running. I was so disgusted. But then I unpacked the wife's phone and charged it to 100% and left it on the charger overnight and her phone has been running all day today. Uptime now is 14 hours. 45 mins talking on the phone, 30 mins browsing the web and the rest stand by. It still has 60% charge it reports. We're leaving it off the charger overnight to see what we have in the morning. Her phone is straight out of the box, nothing installed or turned off / on.

Tomorrow I'm going to test real life usage with the phone. 3 hours of phone calls 2 hours of playing around on the phone (app browsing, games, some youtube) and a total of 16 hours of unplugged time. I'm praying the phone can handle it.

BCK

Reaction score
I was told by some other forums that the battery metering not reliable if you don't let it fully charge overnight for once and the 13.604 OTA update should fix this.

Best is to let it charge overnight and you should see much better performance.

tiger187126

Reaction score
mine was the same way, it's not that the battery isn't charged or is losing charge quickly. the phone for some reason just doesn't understand what charge level the battery is actually at and doesn't display it correctly.

OutGolfn

Reaction score
Yep mine just hit 30% yellow and then no more than a minute later goes to red then cuts off.

OP
M

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Does anyone know if killing my battery, than fully charging with the phone off would help battery performance?

tiger187126

Reaction score
Mine has been on all day and finally got down to 30%ish so i turned it off and plugged it in and it immediately showed 70%, so i turned it back on and sure enough it's back up.

I don't know what to believe.

pitbullguy

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue and so glad I found this. Example, last night I was down to about 15% (according to my Droid x). I turned it off, plugged it in and it immediately showed 50%.

Just a bit ago, I was down to 20%. Turned the phone off (did not charge it), turned it right back on and it was up to 50% without charging it at all.

Someone mentioned an OTA, but is that what is coming in August?

ninefall

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue and so glad I found this. Example, last night I was down to about 15% (according to my Droid x). I turned it off, plugged it in and it immediately showed 50%.

Just a bit ago, I was down to 20%. Turned the phone off (did not charge it), turned it right back on and it was up to 50% without charging it at all.

Someone mentioned an OTA, but is that what is coming in August?
Rumor is tomorrow the fix will be out.