Stock x shutting down during podcasts

cyclonemick

Reaction score
Sinse Gb my X likes to shut off and reboot when listening to podcasts! I am considering a factory reset but am worried about loosing pics in my gallery and on my Sd card, will a factory reset erase those? Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciate d! Stock X with no 3rd party
apps,

NoBloatware

Reaction score
A factory reset may fix it for you, but I'm not entirely sure. One thing that did work on an X I was helping with (crashes when playing music) was the following:

While I'm usually 100% against automated task killers, the X requires one to work around this bug. Hopefully an update will fix this, but for now downloading a "memory manager" app and setting it to "mild" does the trick. See here: https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/458810#458810

leftspin

Reaction score
A factory reset will probably fix it, but no one wants to do that. You could try clearing the cache or dalvik cache, and what NoBloatware said

NoBloatware

Reaction score
A factory reset will probably fix it, but no one wants to do that. You could try clearing the cache or dalvik cache, and what NoBloatware said

I repeatedly tried clearing the cache partition on a problem X but it didn't help with this problem. It's certainly worth a shot though.

I don't really like the workaround that I mention as I hate treating the symptoms and not the cause. If it were my phone I would do a factory reset.

leftspin

Reaction score
I repeatedly tried clearing the cache partition on a problem X but it didn't help with this problem. It's certainly worth a shot though.

I don't really like the workaround that I mention as I hate treating the symptoms and not the cause. If it were my phone I would do a factory reset.

Factory reset is the surefire way to treat the cause yes, but it is an inconvenience. This used to happen on my X but I factory reset so often anyway to flash different ROMs that it never came back. A friend of mine was having this problem and he asked me to do anything I could but the factory reset and a cache/dalvik wipe fixed it.

Cyclonemick, I reread your OP and realized that you said you have no extra apps at all. Since that is the case, the only thing you will lose is the contacts. Your SD card won't be touched so I would go ahead and do it

NoBloatware

Reaction score
and assuming that you've synced contacts via Google (or Moto backup assistant) then factory data reset should be pretty painless

OP
C

cyclonemick

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! I'll tryiing clearing out the cache and leave the the factory reset as a second resort! I am glad to hear that doing a reset will not effect my sd card! As for contacts I use the Verizion Backup assistant.