Several Issues...

jcohen

Reaction score
Any advice would be very helpful here as I have only had my Droid for half a year or so and I am running into a lot of annoying issues.
1. While turning the droid over to use the actual keyboard, my screen will lock up and then when sliding the keyboard out, my screen will 'band'. This isn't a huge deal, i usually lock the phone and walk away from a little while and the issue seems to right itself. This does however prevent me from using my phone for its main purpose, text messaging the wife.
2. Occasionally I will have a blank screen but the bottom 4 keys will light up, not sure what this is. I normally take the battery out and restart till this corrects itself (im sure that is more harm then good).
3. A newer issue i'm having is related to the second, when restarting the Motorolla icon will appear, but after that nothing will happen.
4. Upon starting up, i'll get a black screen that is lit up but nothign else will happen.
5. If I have taken the battery out and lot to restart the phone, i will sometimes see an error. I can't recall what it says, but it does instruct me to plug in USB cable, sadly i'm always at work and I can't never do that so I keep trying till I get my home screen.

Now I haven't gone to Verizon (I can;t remember if I have the warrenty or replacement plan) yet and will make a trip depending on the responses you have. As I said ANY help would be great.Thanks.

J~

If you only have had it half a year it should be covered by the manufactures warranty, i would take it to verizon and see what they have to say, it couldnt hurt. It sounds like something is corrupt or could just be hardware issue, either way i would take it to verizon or give a call to tech support first and see what they have to say, before i tried any fix myself that may void whatever warranty you have, and thats what they get paid for.

Make them earn their keep!
And good luck to you

If you bought the phone then the warranty is there, it's not like you have to pay extra for the manufacturers warranty, go to VZW especially if it is a stock (non-rooted) device...you might get lucky, they seem to be giving Droid 2's as replacement phones :D

Back