2 Broken Droids -> 1 Working Droid?

clichecow

Reaction score
A while ago the adhesive holding the keys to the keyboard on my phone started to degrade, and as a result I am now stuck using the touch screen keyboard. It's out of warrenty/insurance, but I have a coworker who has his old droid with a broken screen.

Would I be able to take the screen off mine and put it on his? And would Verizon activate it?

anuraj1

Reaction score
If you search the forum, someone wrote up a guide on how to replace the screen on a D1. You can probably use it to get the screen off yours and put it on the other one!

OP
C

clichecow

Reaction score
Does anyone have the link to the guide? I'm having trouble finding it.

BovineZro

Reaction score
clichecow,

You might be better off swapping both the main board and screen from your phone into his. The MB has to come out to get to the screen anyway, and as long as both phones are D1s you shouldn't have a problem with hardware compatibility, although IIRC some digitizers (touch screens) have different sized flex cables, which may or may not cause issues.

This way, you can keep any information you have saved to internal memory, and the phone should stay activated with Verizon. Hope this helps, sorry to revive such an old post!