offroad2000

Reaction score
Here's what I'm running:
Android 2.2.1
Basband C_01.3E.01P
Kernal 2.6.32.9-cm-stk
Cyanogen Mod 6.1.2-Droid
Build # FRG83D

I sold the phone to a coworker and can't get it to do a factory reset (going into privacy, factory data reset). I did it a week ago and put in my google account in again. So it worked a week ago. I tried adding his Google account and delete mine but can't get his to sign in. It's only on WiFi now as he hasn't activated it yet. I haven't had service on it in months, just been using it to get online with WiFi at the house. I let him take it home over the weekend so he and his wife could play around with it. They are not tech savvy, so I'm not sure if there was some setting they could have changed accidently to not allow a reset. I've tried the hard reset as well. That's not working either. I would like to keep it rooted, just get my account off of it. Any ideas?

OP
O

offroad2000

Reaction score
I've tried "reboot into Recovery" from Rom Manager. It just reboots back to normal. I just noticed that when I do a factory reset through privacy a window pops up behind the "rebooting" window. It has 3 choices but the "rebooting" window is in front and I can't read it or select anything. I'm thinking they changed a setting without realizing it. I just can't figure out what. Superuser is selected for ROM manager.

Also, it tries to update to cyanogenmod 7.0.3. I tell ok and do a data wipe and cache. It says it will reboot into clockwork mod recovery to continue. It just reboots back to normal.

Clank

Reaction score
I had the same problem on my Droid R2D2, I recommend you stop using Rom Manager for installing roms, if it did not have this problem it would be a lot better.

OP
O

offroad2000

Reaction score
At this point, I'd be happy with a full reset and not be rooted. I can't even get it to do that. I just need my info off the phone.

OP
O

offroad2000

Reaction score
I flashed the clockwork mod recovery and everything works now.