Touch Screen Doesn't Work After Locking

malamoney

Reaction score
When my phone powers up, everything works fine. I can unlock it and the screen is 100% responsive. But as soon as it either locks due to inactivity or I manually lock by pressing the power button on the top, the touch screen no longer works. My only courses of action are to pop out the battery or hold the power button and use the slide out keyboard to restart the phone. In such a state I cannot even answer calls as a swipe is required to answer a call.

I installed a app called "No Lock" hoping that if the phone never locked, it wouldn't go into this state. No luck. While the phone does not lock, once it goes dark and I press the power button to waken the device, it is not locked, but the touch screen does not work. Arg!!!

I tried a factory reset and the problem persisted. Touch screen works perfectly fine after a reboot up until the phone locks/screen sleeps.

Since this is a rather old phone and I am really just waiting for a phone that I "gotta have", I decided to take my first adventure into rooting.

It was an easy process, but the results were exactly the same. Phone and screen work fine after a reboot, but only until it locks or screen sleeps.

I then applied the cyanogenmod (CM7). This was also pretty painless to do, but the results were still the same.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Is it a hardware issue? It just seems odd to me that the touch screen works fine after a restart until the phone is locked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

AndroidPokes

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
sph-l900
Same problem here. I've flashed many roms on my note 2 and the problem is persistent. I'm on dirty unicorns 4.4.4... on boot it works great untill it locks. Either I unlock it and the screen and soft keys don't work. or if i leave it alone long enough it will restart. Usually after unlocking.. the screen won't work and when I lock again it will not turn on again unless I pull battery. Also.. I haven't seen anyone with this problem till this post. I'll tell you now I root and flash roms on phones all the time and this has never happened. Find any solutions?