Setting default e-mail?

OnFlight1978

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have yet to figure out how to set my "gmail" account to be my default e-mail account. On my main screen "Email" I have my AOL and YAHOO e-mail configured..and it wants to make one of those the defaults. So when I go to email someone from my contact list for example, it will send e-mail via my aol account..and I want it to always send it from my gmail account... any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks for the input and help!

jdltek

Reaction score
I too am having this problem. I have a gmail, google apps and a pop3 account. My droid has made the pop3 account my default account. I even went into the pop account settings to uncheck the default account option and it still doesn't change. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks....

jdltek

Reaction score
Has anyone found a way to change this? I too have this problem. I have a Google Apps account, a gmail account and a pop account. The pop account is set as the default mail account. I uncheck it and it reappears. I have deleted the account and re-added it and the same thing happens. Please help!

peppattyme

Reaction score
I need help on this too please!

(When I send e-mail it is "from" my gmail account, but I want it to be from my work (I think that is what the pop3 is.)

Thanks!

ancsite

Reaction score
answer...

1. Tap on Email application
    droidxemailappicon.jpg
  2. Your Default email account will be displayed.
  3. Press Menu hard key
  4. Select Email settings:
    droidxemailmenu.jpg

Email settings menu:
droidxemailsettings2.jpg

• Touch Default Account to select account that is displayed and controlled when you select email application. You can adjust this to different account at any time. You will need to back out fully from the email application with the "Back" hard key and then re-open the email application to change the mailbox you are viewing.