Different Tones for Different E-mail Accounts?

Smokeyham

Reaction score
On the Droid 2, is it possible to set a different tone for different e-mail accounts (work, AOL, G-mail, etc.)?

I have gone in through "Messaging" and then gone to the settings for the various e-mail accounts, but it seems when I change the e-mail for any particular e-mail account, then it changes the tone for all of them.

Thanks for any help......

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Yes.... open up the specific gmail account, hit your menu button softkey beside your home key, goto more, settings and fix it theere

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
S

Smokeyham

Reaction score
Different Ringtone and Notifications for Different E-mail Accounts

Yes.... open up the specific gmail account, hit your menu button softkey beside your home key, goto more, settings and fix it theere

Thanks for the response. I should have been more specific that I am trying to make different notifications for an AOL account, and a Microsoft Exchange (work) account.

When I go into the settings for each account, then a change I make in one account is automatically reflected in the other account.

Does anyone know of an app which gives more flexibility, i.e. a different ringtone could be selected for each e-mail account?

Thanks.

mishmatta

Reaction score
k-9 email allows you to do this. It works great for me - I have 5 email accounts.

The only thing I'm trying to do now is have repeat reminders about my emails. Trying to find something that does that

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score

Thanks for the response. I should have been more specific that I am trying to make different notifications for an AOL account, and a Microsoft Exchange (work) account.

When I go into the settings for each account, then a change I make in one account is automatically reflected in the other account.

Does anyone know of an app which gives more flexibility, i.e. a different ringtone could be selected for each e-mail account?

Thanks.

oh, sorry, didn't think about that. All my emails are gmail.

Fonzz

Reaction score
I should have been more specific that I am trying to make different notifications for an AOL account, and a Microsoft Exchange (work) account.

Na, I understood completely from your first post. You were specific enough for readers to understand what you wanted accomplished.