Sending Sounds in text messages

skulman

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to smart phones and just a couple of weeks ago learned how to send a text to multiple people at once. Now I can't figure out how to send someone a sound from my phone. Pictures are easy, but I see no option for attaching sounds to a message. Can anyone help me? :icon_eek:

jaredbrown85

Reaction score
JBrown

I'm fairly new to smart phones and just a couple of weeks ago learned how to send a text to multiple people at once. Now I can't figure out how to send someone a sound from my phone. Pictures are easy, but I see no option for attaching sounds to a message. Can anyone help me? :icon_eek:

Download Chomp SMS it's free and way better than the naitive app. just make sure to disable notifications from native app or you'll get two notifications of txt's

wfmorgan

Reaction score
Attaching easy, but how to select?

Hello all, I can send attachments ok but when I try to select a sound I can only select from ringtones, not audio files?

Thanks,
Bill

droidfannd

Reaction score
I believe you can also go to the sound file itself if you have a file manager application like Astro installed and 'long press' the desired file and select 'send.'

Clearly not the easiest route...but I believe I read that Verizon may be working on a fix for future updates.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Every time I visit this site I learn something new about the droid. You guys know your droid on this forum.