MMS question...need help

huskur

Reaction score
I do quite a bit of texting. I have moved from a Voyager to my first smartphone and this phone is truly amazing with one exception.

How do you send a MMS message with sound? Sending pictures and videos is a snap but i would like to be able to send a picture and a sound at the same time. ( I have a picture of my children in front of the christmas tree and a "jingle bell" sound that would go great together for sending to family on Christmas day.)

Thanks in advance with any help

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score
I do quite a bit of texting. I have moved from a Voyager to my first smartphone and this phone is truly amazing with one exception.

How do you send a MMS message with sound? Sending pictures and videos is a snap but i would like to be able to send a picture and a sound at the same time. ( I have a picture of my children in front of the christmas tree and a "jingle bell" sound that would go great together for sending to family on Christmas day.)

A phone of this magnitude should be able to do this? but how?

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i dont think you can attached a picture and layer it with sound. you can do one or the other.

magdream

Reaction score
I took some pics and video the other day and tried to "share" them and was denied because the files were too large. is there a way to resize/compress them prior to sending them, but not change how they look on the phone?

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Mag, I believe you will need to go to your camera and video settings and reduce your pic quality then it should send.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I took some pics and video the other day and tried to "share" them and was denied because the files were too large. is there a way to resize/compress them prior to sending them, but not change how they look on the phone?

Handcent will tell you they are too large and prompt you to resize them, eliminating the need to do so yourself.

JayMonster

Reaction score

You can do this with the standard messageing app or Handcent (I haven't tried it with any others)... but it is not exactly obvious (which is why it took me a while to figure it out).

Open Messaging (or Handcent)

Compose a new message

Choose Attach

Select Slideshow

Go to the first slide and select the picture you want.

Select Add music

Choose the audio Track you want to load

Press Done

Send to whomever you would like.

windstrings

Reaction score
You can do this with the standard messageing app or Handcent (I haven't tried it with any others)... but it is not exactly obvious (which is why it took me a while to figure it out).

Open Messaging (or Handcent)

Compose a new message

Choose Attach

Select Slideshow

Go to the first slide and select the picture you want.

Select Add music

Choose the audio Track you want to load

Press Done

Send to whomever you would like.

Whether adding music to a picture or just adding music.. seems Handcent of even the default messaging only looks in the default "sounds" directory.....

anybody know how to make it look in any other directory "like music" or such?

do I really have to move a music file?

I can go to Astro and send music from there too... but it seems its limited to about 5mb in size.