"Copy attached to SD" is what you should see by clicking on the picture. I just tried it in the default messenger.
That's the problem. I don't see anything. I could hold down on the photo for ages and ages, and nothing pops up.
Once I finally let go of the long press on the thumbnail, or if I just do a quick press on the thumbnail, the photo opens. That's it. I can't find a way to get any menu that allows me to save or copy or e-mail. Only "set as..."
Try a long press on the text rather trhan the actual pic. Works everytime for me.
Sooo.. Quick question.. Because I was checking this thread out, it lead me to download handcent sms.. But I'm having a problem.. It's streaming both my Droid SMS system and the Handcent system.. so when I get a text, I get two notifications and two DRROIIIIID sounds.. I've been looking but I don't see how to fix it? Can anyone help me out? Thanks.
I can't for the the life of me figure out how to save a picture that someone sends me in a text message onto my phone. It only gives me the option to set it as wallpaper or contact.
I use a little program called "handcent".....its free..... can't say enough about it...
1. It allows sends to groups "you configure on you online google account first" and to recent and you can browse your whole contacts list and pick and choose how many and who you want to send to.
2. I has other cool tweaks "too many to mention"
3. Can send as long a message as you want and it compiles them in 160 character chunks to send seamlessly.. "make sure you check that feature in settings of handcent"
4. Can edit, add and use quicktext.
5. Change the color of your LED and frequency it blinks "under notification settings"
6. Oh yea.. you wanted to know how to save a pic... LOL!
A. Set your handcent to handle your messages.
B. When someone sends you a pic it will some as a mms message and you will be able to see and view the pic.
If you open the pic by holding your finger on it, it will get bigger and you can "set as" etc... but don't go that far if you just want to save it and stay on the screen right before that where you viewed your email.
C. touch the menu at the bottom and in the lower right hand corner you will see "save mms".. touch that.
D. At this point you can see a selection at the top for inbox, outbox, sentbox and all. If its on all you will view your pic regardless where its at in your text mail.
E. Now again choose the menu at the bottom and it will say "copy attached to SD card"
F. Once you pic that you can go in your regular droid gallery and view it as do as you will!
If an effort to be clear and detailed.. don't let the instructions seem intimidating.... its quite easy!
Hi! And then how do u get it bak from the sd card??? Help pls n tx