Sending bionic back. What will they send me?

bentrm

Reaction score
Hi there. My earpiece (ear speaker) on my bionic failed. Went to costco and guy at the kiosk gave me a number to call. Anyway Verizon is sending a replacement phone since i'm still under warranty. So, what do you guys think i will receive? :confused:

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
It will be a 'certified like new' bionic. Basically, your playing go fish with a phone. Maybe it will be like the old bionic commercials from last year, a badass machine to rule all, or a malfunctioning, frustrating device. I wish you the best of luck though!

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
You will get a bionic. It seems vzw still has a stock of factory refurbs. Be wary though. I my daughters bionic back with some minor (and i do mean minor) cosmetic "damage" and they sent me an email saying they are going to charge me $299.00 for it. I did not even pay half that for it in the first place and like I said the "damage" was minor scratches on the sides from a case, only noticeable if you were looking for it. I may be saying bye bye vzw cause they have lost their f-ing minds if they think i am paying that.

Sent from my DROID4

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
bdsullivan76 said:
You will get a bionic. It seems vzw still has a stock of factory refurbs. Be wary though. I my daughters bionic back with some minor (and i do mean minor) cosmetic "damage" and they sent me an email saying they are going to charge me $299.00 for it. I did not even pay half that for it in the first place and like I said the "damage" was minor scratches on the sides from a case, only noticeable if you were looking for it. I may be saying bye bye vzw cause they have lost their f-ing minds if they think i am paying that.

Sent from my DROID4

Dang!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
bdsullivan76 said:

Sent from my DROID4

Any photos of the damage? My Droid 2 was sent back with cosmetic damage. All 4 corners were dinged pretty bad from drops. Including a scratched bezel from screen first drops onto concrete.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Yup, you will get a cln bionic. They will only change the phone type if you have trouble with the replacement, and even then they might even try a bionic a third time.

I have just had my phone take a crap on me after almost a year of working flawlessly. It decided to stop holding a data signal, and even though its a "known issue" they won't send me a different phone unless the replacement fails too.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Any photos of the damage? My Droid 2 was sent back with cosmetic damage. All 4 corners were dinged pretty bad from drops. Including a scratched bezel from screen first drops onto concrete.

I do not have any clear pics of the scratches. They were from a holster case scraping the front side of the phone. Again they were very minor and could not be seen unless you were looking for it.
If i knew that it would be an issue, or even thought that it may slightly have impacted vzw to charge me i would have just filed an insurance claim. The phone had been insured from day 1. With the D2 they may end up sending you a D2G or a D3 without any hassle since it is on the eol list. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID4

CD95YJ

Reaction score
fisch2481 said:
Who knows... I maybe they will feel generous, and hook you up with a gs3 :happy3:

Or they'll mess up and send you a thunderbolt like they did with me. Man that was a craptastic phone! That dropped data worse than my failing bionic. Needless to say the thunderblah is going back and the new bionic should be here tomorrow.

OP
B

bentrm

Reaction score
Got another bionic. Working great. Just have to send mine back. Hope there aren't any problems there. Shouldn't be. Mine is excellent cosmetically. If any problems, i'll update.