send tones?

c_mack9

Reaction score
you cant send tones through email because you cant save it only play it. you cant send tones through mms because..who the hell knows why. why is such a simple feature so impossible to do? i just tried again to send a ringtone to my other buddy that has a droid and failed. gmail, hotmail, handcent all failures. has anyone figured this out yet? i mean i want to send him my ringtone so he can save it and use it not just hear it.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
there are quite a few thread on this. i believe if you cant send and receive them is because the file is too big. cant remember the file size at the moment.

OP
C

c_mack9

Reaction score
there are quite a few thread on this. i believe if you cant send and receive them is because the file is too big. cant remember the file size at the moment.
well how is there a way to make teh filesize smaller from the droid? this was never an issue with att, on my blackberry and anydumbphone can even sent tones very easily. this is just a stupid issue to have to deal with. reminds me of 2003.

OP
C

c_mack9

Reaction score
and why cant you transfer them through bluetooth? there is no good reason for that!!

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Yep, I first noticed this back in January I believe when I was trying to send my girlfriend some ringtones I made. My ringtones are always about 500KB because what I do is throw a song into Windows Movie Maker, chop out a 25-30 second hook, save it, then convert it into an .mp3. BAM! High quality ringtone, and free. :)

Anyway, the solution for me was to download Bluetooth File Transfer from the Market. It's a free app that will let you send anything you want over Bluetooth and even adds itself into the list of share options. This app also doubles as a nice little file manager/folder explorer app, just not as pretty as Astro. Try it out!

pigpen

Reaction score
But even this bluetooth app isn't flawless, I couldn't send anything to a g'zone phone with it, and the ringtone definitely wasn't as large as 500 KB

OP
C

c_mack9

Reaction score
ok never heard of that ap but ill try it out. why do they even make "shaure using bluetoooth" an option if it doesnt work? thats ra-tarded.

checho408

Reaction score
I use handcent go to settings and scroll down to maximum MMS size and select 1M then attach your ringtone. I just sent a 650kb ringtone this morning.

OP
C

c_mack9

Reaction score
I use handcent go to settings and scroll down to maximum MMS size and select 1M then attach your ringtone. I just sent a 650kb ringtone this morning.
ah ive never noticed that setting before. ill send one now. thanks a lot.

OP
C

c_mack9

Reaction score
its 23,048 bytes. is that still to big? i dont know to much of this computer lingo.

OP
C

c_mack9

Reaction score
that worked for one of my tones but not the one im trying to send. but thanks, that will pay off in the future.