sending mp3 ringtone files?

tktouch12

Reaction score
this is going to sound dumb, but i just realized i cant do it. i want to send an mp3 ringtone through an mms text. its .3 mb, so not too big. anyway, i cant tell my phone to send it. i can only point it to a gallery of some kind. is there a way to send it without using email? (dont say handcent unless there is no other way)
it seems like it should be a simple task to send an mp3 in an mms on a droid.
thanks

CBLJazz

Reaction score
you have to be in an actual message (any messaging program on the droid)

chose menu (2nd button) on bottom of screen
chose attach
chose audio
find your sound
assuming you've put in the #- press send

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
yes, i've tried that. when i go to attach it gives me:
pictures
capture picture
videos
capture videos
record audio
slideshow

but there's no audio option. is there supposed to be and my phone is just messed up?

Squeeb

Reaction score
The attach audio option is available if you use Handcent, this is the only EASY way in my opinion.

CBLJazz

Reaction score
make sure you have the latest version of messaging by going to the MARKET and seeing if any updates are available.
although i use handcent- audio is an option for attachments in either HANDCENT or the native MESSAGE app.

when you chose attach, audio should be an option.

anuraj1

Reaction score
make sure you have the latest version of messaging by going to the MARKET and seeing if any updates are available.
although i use handcent- audio is an option for attachments in either HANDCENT or the native MESSAGE app.

when you chose attach, audio should be an option.

I don't have audio as an option in native messaging either. It wasn't there when I was running stock and it isn't there now that I am rooted and using Sholesmod.

Does Handcent use your own number or is it like Textplus on the iphone, where it uses some random made-up number? I might start using it if it allows audio files...