[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3

nu2droid

Reaction score
That worked, thanks (I should have known better).
Have another question, not so much this rom specific but more of ics.
Is there a way to make the default storage location the ext sdcard. I.e. when you take a pic, right now it saves to the internal memory. Is there a way to send them to the ext card as it was on most gb roms.

Sent from my XT862

krazyace38

Reaction score
That worked, thanks (I should have known better).
Have another question, not so much this rom specific but more of ics.
Is there a way to make the default storage location the ext sdcard. I.e. when you take a pic, right now it saves to the internal memory. Is there a way to send them to the ext card as it was on most gb roms.

Sent from my XT862

Not that I know of I asked Hashcode about the default storage thing and he told me its optional by default. ICS doesn't like to depend on devices which may or may not be present. Sorry dude wish there was a way but right now we have to wait on hash to get it all worked out.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

nu2droid

Reaction score
Not a problem. Basically I was making sure I didn't miss a setting..lol

Loving the rom, many thanks to hash and all that are working on it...

Sent from my XT862

nu2droid

Reaction score
......I have no idea about bluetooth but the only issues that I have had is sometimes when I'm in a call I can't hear anything on the other end. I hear it ring but nothing else once they pick up.....

Bluetooth working for me, running 3-31 build.

Sent from my XT862

krazyace38

Reaction score
I use this rom daily I love the speed of it I was skeptical of battery life at first but it worked out to be ok...camera works great I'm sure there is still some things that they are working on...I have no idea about bluetooth but the only issues that I have had is sometimes when I'm in a call I can't hear anything on the other end. I hear it ring but nothing else once they pick up.

Biggest thing for me is speed and battery life, I like a snappy response and this rom does just that

Make sure bluetooth is not on while making a phone call if you don't have a bluetooth headset connected. If it is on, you won't hear anything nor will anyone on the other end. Something about the bluetooth will cut off the audio during a call unless you're using a headset. Hope this helps! :)

Big D

Reaction score
Sorry for this but I was wondering if there was an idiot's instruction manual for installing this. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

I get lost early in the process when I go into the menu of safestrap and it goes to black screen until I do a battery pull.

Sorry again and thanks for your patience.

krazyace38

Reaction score
Sorry for this but I was wondering if there was an idiot's instruction manual for installing this. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

I get lost early in the process when I go into the menu of safestrap and it goes to black screen until I do a battery pull.

Sorry again and thanks for your patience.

Can you explain the steps you did?

Big D

Reaction score
Thanks so much, Krazy!

All I've done was root (to be able to feeze bloat and tether wirelessly) and install Safestrap. I've never DL'ed a ROM or theme.

Again, thanks for the help.

krazyace38

Reaction score
Thanks so much, Krazy!

All I've done was root (to be able to feeze bloat and tether wirelessly) and install Safestrap. I've never DL'ed a ROM or theme.

Again, thanks for the help.

If you are not flashing a rom then all you have to do is after installing safestrap open the app and choose install recovery it will say recovery system installed at the top and safe system not active at the bottom. You don't have to reboot into recovery to activate safe system unless you plan on flashing a rom. I figured that's what happened; its the only way I know the screen would go blank because you won't have a rom on safe system to boot. Hope this helps! :)

Big D

Reaction score
I'm not finding the app in the drawer. It's there when I reboot, but there isn't an app icon.

krazyace38

Reaction score
I'm not finding the app in the drawer. It's there when I reboot, but there isn't an app icon.

Reinstall the app and try that and report back by PM so we don't clog up the forum with this one subject please :)

nu2droid

Reaction score
Anyone know of a fix for the random loss of call audio?
I have been running the 3-31 build (which has been awesome) since it came out. All has been perfect but in the pass 2 days I have randomly lost call audio. The phone rang, I would answer it but neither side could hear. Also, I would try to call out and same thing would happen. The call goes thru (the time counter starts) but again neither side could hear.
To fix, I had to cycle airplane mode. After that it comes right back..
Thoughts?

Sent from my XT862

krazyace38

Reaction score
Anyone know of a fix for the random loss of call audio?
I have been running the 3-31 build (which has been awesome) since it came out. All has been perfect but in the pass 2 days I have randomly lost call audio. The phone rang, I would answer it but neither side could hear. Also, I would try to call out and same thing would happen. The call goes thru (the time counter starts) but again neither side could hear.
To fix, I had to cycle airplane mode. After that it comes right back..
Thoughts?

Sent from my XT862

When bluetooth is on then there's no audio on either end ( hint in foot note in OP bluetooth on loss of all audio) so therefore when you toggle airplane mode on it turns data and bluetooth off then u toggle it back on audio comes back but bluetooth is still off till u turn it back on

nu2droid

Reaction score
When bluetooth is on then there's no audio on either end ( hint in foot note in OP bluetooth on loss of all audio) so therefore when you toggle airplane mode on it turns data and bluetooth off then u toggle it back on audio comes back but bluetooth is still off till u turn it back on

Yup, agree with that,but I am not talking about using bluetooth. I talking about needing to make a call, picking up the phone from the table and then nothing.
I have used bluetooth in the past, but rarely. I really only use it for music in the car. These instances were sitting in the house or yard and just decided to make a call.

Sent from my XT862

ssj11mav

Reaction score
Yup, agree with that,but I am not talking about using bluetooth. I talking about needing to make a call, picking up the phone from the table and then nothing.
I have used bluetooth in the past, but rarely. I really only use it for music in the car. These instances were sitting in the house or yard and just decided to make a call.

Sent from my XT862

This is exactly what made me get off this rom.

Couple questions

1. Do you use Google Voice?
2. Have you tried turning Wifi on, then off, then bluetooth on, then off, and THEN trying to make a phone call? This is the only way I've been able to fix the issue. Rebooting DIDN'T help.