[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3

patfactorx

Reaction score
Best ROM I have ever flashed but I really wish they could figure out how to fix the camcorder

craigdoug

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I flashed the newest, updated beta version of this rom to my phone. This rom is really the greatest thing since sliced bread. I love it! Many thanks to hash and everyone else who contributed. I do have one question and it is going to sound silly. IHow do I associate my gmail/google account with the phone. I need my google calender to sync with the phone calender and for the life of me, I can't figure anything out. when I originally flashed I was stuck on the screen "touch android to continue" I could not get passed it. So, I wiped and re flashed. The phone booted up and went directly to the android on the skateboard splash screen. any ideas?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I can't figure anything out. when I originally flashed I was stuck on the screen "touch android to continue" I could not get passed it. So, I wiped and re flashed. The phone booted up and went directly to the android on the skateboard splash screen. any ideas?

Did you remember to flash the Google Apps package after flashing the ROM before you reboot the phone? It's flash ROM, flash GAPPS, then reboot.

Without the Gapps you don't have any Google connection (Market, Gmail, Calendar, etc...).

(EDIT) * Prior to the BETA versions, Hashcode included the basic GApps in the ROM itself. The BETA versions require you to flash GApps.

craigdoug

Reaction score
Yes, I did it exactly like that. That's why I'm shaking my head. do you think I should re-flash gapps??

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Yes, I did it exactly like that. That's why I'm shaking my head. do you think I should re-flash gapps??

I would make sure to have the latest version of GApps that Hashcode links on his site and flash them again. If you don't see Gmail, Market/Play Store in your app drawer then they didn't take. If you see those.....it's just launching either and signing in...that will link your calendar. And....you should get the green Android "start screen" on your first boot because you are required to wipe everything/factory reset before installing......which should walk you through the entire setup process on first boot (select language, sign in to google, etc...).

Motorola Droid 3 – CyanogenMod – Downloads « Hash-of-Codes

craigdoug

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I appriciate it. I'll give it a shot. I do have the latest gapps in my SD card. Thanks again!!!

Big D

Reaction score
Hey guys. Could someone give me the low-down on this ROM? Where we at with it?

Thanks so much.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Hey guys. Could someone give me the low-down on this ROM? Where we at with it?

Thanks so much.

Thats a bit of a broad request. Is there something in particular that you are concerned with? Its in Beta, the camera works but not video. Seems fairly solid to me.

Big D

Reaction score
Sorry. I was just wondering what the big issues were that were still being worked out. Like Bluetooth, camera and anything else that would prevent it from being a daily use ROM.

I'm just being lazy.

Thanks, Guys

Dom1000

Reaction score
I use this rom daily I love the speed of it I was skeptical of battery life at first but it worked out to be ok...camera works great I'm sure there is still some things that they are working on...I have no idea about bluetooth but the only issues that I have had is sometimes when I'm in a call I can't hear anything on the other end. I hear it ring but nothing else once they pick up.

Biggest thing for me is speed and battery life, I like a snappy response and this rom does just that

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

Maverick0984

Reaction score
My fiancee was having issues with making calls the last couple days, she couldn't hear or be heard. I walked her through, via text, restoring to a backup I had made prior to that update and it seems to have fixed it. I'm not entirely sure which version she was on and which version she had to restore to, both were nightlies though.

When I see her again I can check, but curious if anyone has seen similar issues? I know whatever nightly she *was* running that was having the issue, was definitely within the past week.

As you can expect, like most women, she was pretty ticked and frustrated and would prefer it to just work, heh.

nu2droid

Reaction score
I have been running the 3-25 build and I must say for me, it has been perfect. So, I tried flashing the new nightlies. I am running the 3-31 build and the only thing I notice right now is the "3g" and the signal meter are not turning blue. They are staying gray and the internet is slowww.

I installed right over the 3-25 without wiping (saw on another forum it was suggested that way).
Supposed to be that way? Thoughts?

Sent from my XT862

krazyace38

Reaction score
I have been running the 3-25 build and I must say for me, it has been perfect. So, I tried flashing the new nightlies. I am running the 3-31 build and the only thing I notice right now is the "3g" and the signal meter are not turning blue. They are staying gray and the internet is slowww.

I installed right over the 3-25 without wiping (saw on another forum it was suggested that way).
Supposed to be that way? Thoughts?

Sent from my XT862

Yes you need to wipe because it is all new framework changed from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums