[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know what patch you are talking about but if its the one from cm7 it is not needed.

Sent from my XT862 + ICS

mrgator85

Reaction score
I don't know what patch you are talking about but if its the one from cm7 it is not needed.

Sent from my XT862 + ICS

The XT860 sub patch on Hashcode's blog's download page. I have no idea what it does or what it is for, when flashed on top of this rom it gives you the behavior Lockeluffy described. Omitting it seems to work.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
The XT860 sub patch on Hashcode's blog's download page. I have no idea what it does or what it is for, when flashed on top of this rom it gives you the behavior Lockeluffy described. Omitting it seems to work.

It's for the XT860, a NON-Verizon, Non-US version of the Droid 3 (for Bell in Canada) You have the Verizon Droid 3....or the XT862. Don't use a patch for a different model phone on your phone :)

mrgator85

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up. I am trying to better understand what I am doing instead of blindly following directions :)

mamofish

Reaction score
Trying to get HDMI output working, is this working for anyone else?

Maybe this is part of the hardware acceleration that's being worked on?

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

cwassman

Reaction score
Believe HDMI is currently listed as not working. Its a frontrunner in the feature request.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the latest version without wiping?

The version I am is messed up with calling but I just got it set up like I wanted.

I'd bet that you could go from the beta to the first nightly without a wipe, but much more than that is doubtful. The more changes, the more likely the need for a wipe.

Just to be safe, I'm wiping and I'm only loading those nightlys that fix a problem I have or add significant features I may find useful. Thats a bit nebulous, but the point is that I'm not going after every nightly that comes along and I'm wiping when I do one.

CM-Freak

Reaction score
So can you not add your google account at all to get back contacts? What do you guys do, just use a different gmail account from your old one?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No you can sync your contacts, just not settings for the system. Like wifi and such.

Sent from my XT862 + ICS

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, downloading this baby right now. Bought another Droid 3 for when I'm "out and about", miss having a keyboard. Considered the Droid 4 but it's just so ugly and.. don't need another LTE phone since I have one, so the bad outweighed the good. I prefer this keyboard as well.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, downloading this baby right now. Bought another Droid 3 for when I'm "out and about", miss having a keyboard. Considered the Droid 4 but it's just so ugly and.. don't need another LTE phone since I have one, so the bad outweighed the good. I prefer this keyboard as well.

Glad to have you back!

Sent from my XT862 + ICS

CM-Freak

Reaction score
Things I have noticed so far.
- No auto-correct bar when using physical keyboard
- Stock Messaging app does not allow you to group MMS into one thread. I am not talking about being able to respond I just mean recieving them as a thread which was there in the stock GB one.
- Known issue but ill mention my exp. Camera works fine most the time with a FC here or there no big. Vid cam comes up but record button does nothing.
- Assume this will be updated later. The empty settings in the launcher menu.
- The screen gaps between the bottom icons and the dock, also the top icon row and notifications bar are annoying. (dled ADWLauncher to fix it for now)

Thanks, Awesome Rom love it so far.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely loving ICS on my Droid 3! ICS + Keyboard.. omg. The Droid 3 should have had LTE.. I'm sorry but I hate the D4. This would be the perfect phone had it had that(I only miss it cause downloading ROMs takes like 2minutes versus 10+ on my desktop, or almost 20+ on my phone, browsing and downloading apps is just fine).