[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3

metallicamaster3

Reaction score
A couple of things that should be added to the "Doesn't work":

- Bluetooth heads up, since some people have success and many others don't
- Keyboard backlight doesn't work
- Keyboard ALT lock and Caps lock lights don't work

Loving the ROM so far. It's so smooth, fast, lean, and pretty. Can't wait for the HW codecs to get in for hardware acceleration, FFC, and Bluetooth to get fixed, then this ROM would be rock solid and ready for mods (1% battery, custom LED settings, for example)!

Fr33dom

Reaction score
A couple of things that should be added to the "Doesn't work":

- Bluetooth heads up, since some people have success and many others don't
- Keyboard backlight doesn't work
- Keyboard ALT lock and Caps lock lights don't work

Loving the ROM so far. It's so smooth, fast, lean, and pretty. Can't wait for the HW codecs to get in for hardware acceleration, FFC, and Bluetooth to get fixed, then this ROM would be rock solid and ready for mods (1% battery, custom LED settings, for example)!

I'm on the initial Beta release (ICS_Beta_MR1) and can confrim the alt and shift lock lights. My keyboard backlight does work though.

That said, we sould make sure we list the release we're on when we report these things. And I'll go looking but I think there is a more official way (and place) to report bugs.

svickstc

Reaction score
Since the beta releases I can't send sms with stock mms applications...

I went to disable safe mode and got an error had to fastboot and afraid to try again..

dmg

Reaction score
Does anyone else's vibrate when they receive text messages not work? I flashed the latest update and for some reason my vibrate will not work.

svickstc

Reaction score
I can't even send or receive text messages on the stock mms app..

I've tried everything...I wipe all, don't let google restore settings...I even fastbooted last night to try a complete fresh flash of cm9 the latetest release and still no avial..I'm not sure why I see to be the only one having this issue..

Am I missing something..I really want to run cm9 as my daily as I've been following it from day 1, but no text is just killer for me..ever since thethe 2 beta releases I've lost text ability..

I've even tried to downloand gosms and still does not wokr

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it on cmda only? It sounds like a carrier issue or something. If you can't even send texts if you are stock, then there is something else wrong.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I'm on the initial Beta release (ICS_Beta_MR1) and can confrim the alt and shift lock lights. My keyboard backlight does work though.

That said, we sould make sure we list the release we're on when we report these things. And I'll go looking but I think there is a more official way (and place) to report bugs.

I think this is the place for bug reports: Bugzilla Main Page

svickstc

Reaction score
I've tried messing with the different network options as defualt it is set for lte/cdma

I can text in in every rom I've tried and the pre beta releases but since the beta releases I can't send a text.

I can make outgoing and receive incoming calls though... :( super frustrated as I fastbooted and flashed from a fresh fastboot and still the same issue

mrgator85

Reaction score
Excellent ROM, I don't think i could go back to GB at this point...I've seen to much! Only complaint I have, and there may be a workaround for it, is that certain apps that are compatible with the stock ROM are not compatible with this ROM specifically the MLB at bat lite. Not a deal breaker, it would just be nice to understand why this is and how the android market determines compatibility for various apps and hardware.

mikedomo

Reaction score
Thanks Hashcode for your awesome job, only waiting for the final version of your rom to update :).

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the latest version without wiping?

The version I am is messed up with calling but I just got it set up like I wanted.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

86351lx

Reaction score
I went to the 02/27 beta version about a week ago. Of course there are some bugs here and there, but it is an amazing piece of work already! However, since coming from liberty 3 I'm having problems with audio players in general. My problem is all of my songs have been playable and worked flawlessly up til I went to this ics rom.my songs were all organized in their respective folders before, but now it moved A LOT of them to a folder called "unknown artist". It pops up an unsupported media error message and none of these "unknown artist" files are supported.this is with the stock player AND playerpro, the latter being which I use full time. Is this a known issue or am I alone?

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

Lockeluffy

Reaction score
Fantastic work on the rom but for the life of me I can't figure out what to do about this. Followed the directions for flashing but my 3g/mms are not working. I can connect with wifi and internet and everything seems fine, but once disconnected a little R comes up next to the wireless bars, which I assume means roaming, and the internet stops. Tried activating my phone with the *228 method, updated roaming capabilities, nothing works. Also mms aren't sending and cannot receive as well, simply stalls on "sending.." message. If anyone has any input I would be incredibly grateful.

mrgator85

Reaction score
Fantastic work on the rom but for the life of me I can't figure out what to do about this. Followed the directions for flashing but my 3g/mms are not working. I can connect with wifi and internet and everything seems fine, but once disconnected a little R comes up next to the wireless bars, which I assume means roaming, and the internet stops. Tried activating my phone with the *228 method, updated roaming capabilities, nothing works. Also mms aren't sending and cannot receive as well, simply stalls on "sending.." message. If anyone has any input I would be incredibly grateful.

I saw this too the first time I installed the ROM. First, go into you mobile network settings and verify that the phone is set to CDMA/Evdo. If that doesn't work, you can do what i did. I disabled safe mode and booted back into stock and once again had to verify the preferred networks (CDMA/EvDo) to get the stock ROM working. At this point, I re-enabled safe mode and flashed the rom and the google apps. I DID NOT flash the XT80 patch and the ROM has been working great ever since. Besides MLB at bat compatibility :). Just remember to uncheck the box offering to restore your settings from google. Hopefully this works for you.,

Lockeluffy

Reaction score
Whoo thanks for the reply, I should mention that whenever i first boot up this rom cdma/evo is the default so that wasn't the problem. The only thing I could do differently would be to not flash the patch as well. I will try this tomorrow and see if that's the fix I've been looking for, and again thanks for the help.