[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3

acoers

Reaction score
Just flash the alpha ics. I noticed I didn't have backup assistant. So how do I get backup assistant on there to have all my contacts back?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jpblock82

Reaction score
Just flash the alpha ics. I noticed I didn't have backup assistant. So how do I get backup assistant on there to have all my contacts back?

I never even used backup assistant, seems silly imo. its a google based phone, thus using ur google account will restore all your contacts.

delivered personally by Sonic the Hedgehog

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

acoers

Reaction score
Ok so I switched to google contact sync. So where can I go online to see all my contacts #?

svickstc

Reaction score
Im having more issues with this launcher then the previous...

Its ironing out nicely though

acoers

Reaction score
Well like I said before I switched to google sync for my contacts. Then iwent to account and sync contacs. Well I went back to ics and its asking for a v card? And it seems like google isn't syncing my contacts. Because I get on a computer on gmail and I just have my normal email contacts but not my phone contacts.

uToTMeH8

Reaction score
Well like I said before I switched to google sync for my contacts. Then iwent to account and sync contacs. Well I went back to ics and its asking for a v card? And it seems like google isn't syncing my contacts. Because I get on a computer on gmail and I just have my normal email contacts but not my phone contacts.

Why didn't you just export them to a vcard from the Rom that has your contacts and import it into your gmail? Sounds like you either didn't give it enough time to sync or you had one of the battery saver modes enabled in battery & data manager (Which disables syncing).

acoers

Reaction score
Well I keep trying the sync no luck yet. And I went to contacts and under manage contacts it has export to sim card or sd card. So is the v card the sim car? And I got all that data stuff turned off in battery saver so it should sync.

uToTMeH8

Reaction score
What Rom are you running? Stock? Go to My Accounts and click on your gmail. Make sure contact sync is checked. I would export the vcard to the sdcard then plug your phone into the PC connected as USB Mass Storage and copy & paste the vcard somewhere safe on your PC, so you always have a backup.

boardgame

Reaction score
Well I keep trying the sync no luck yet. And I went to contacts and under manage contacts it has export to sim card or sd card. So is the v card the sim car? And I got all that data stuff turned off in battery saver so it should sync.

When I first got my droid I used v sync to get my contacts on my phone.. I noticed that for some reason my contacts weren't syncing with gmail.. I had to export my contacts and then upload them to gmail and once I did that everything syncs just fine.. it is like gmail knows they are from verizon sync and refuses to sync them...

I have also known other people that have had that problem and the only fix we have found in to export them to a text or vcard and then import them to gmail with your computer

boardgame

Reaction score
Also don't forget to wipe all the contacts from verizon sync before you import the text file to gmail with your computer otherwise you will have double contacts

gltechguy

Reaction score
anyone else having USB issues still? can't get linux or windows to see it as usb sorage device to xfer files.

boardgame

Reaction score
im waiting on camera to work befo4e i do this.. really excited to get ics on my droid 3. this may be my last moto device on the fact of the false promises to unlock the bootloaders.. i cant shake this feeling that moto is going to continue to lock the bootloaders for all their phones from now on.

OP
ItsTrentB

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
anyone else having USB issues still? can't get linux or windows to see it as usb sorage device to xfer files.

You will not be able to transfer files in this build just yet. Charge Only mode was the only thing fixed but for now, the USB memory card access is not up and running yet.

codemonkey2k5

Reaction score
WOW!!! This is really nice!!!

I'm using my go launcher cause I really like it. When the rom is further along I will give the stock launcher a go, but for now I like GO.

A bug that I am having that no one has mentioned yet. If I turn on Bluetooth I loose the ability to make calls.

CM