Seidio extended battery invalid for Droid 2 Global

PhoneZilla

Reaction score
I've owned the Moto Droid 1 since April 2010. I bought the Seidio 2600mah the first month I owned it and it works fine.
I posted my experience like many others how Battery Left apps mV rating is the only way I gauge the battery level.
2 weeks ago I bought a Droid 2 Global and purchased a generic 35000mah battery from ebay for it.
The battery works fine and charges no problem. The D2G recognizes the generic battery. But when I stick in the
Seidio battery my D2G says the battery is invalid and can't be charged yet it can use it to function properly.
The battery icon has a question mark in it instead of showing the battery level.
I downloaded Battery Left also for the D2G. When plugged into the charger
the stats say it's plugged into an AC supply but the mV don't increase so I know the Seidio isn't charging.

I've searched the forums for anybody else who experienced this issue with their D2G and Seidio battery but found none.
Has anybody else had this issue with the 2600mah Seidio battery in their D2G?
If so was there a way to "trick" the phone into accepting the battery to charge?
Again my generic battery charges fine but the Seidio wont.
I only paid $11 for the generic battery but I would like my $60 name brand Seidio to work in it too without having
to pull it out and charge it separately.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
P

PhoneZilla

Reaction score
Is there anyone using a Seidio 2600mah battery in the Droid 2 Global that is able to charge
it while still in the phone without the "invalid battery" note that pops up?

tjarvis

Reaction score
Its a known issue...I was pissed when I found out my mugen 3200mah battery from my droid 1 wouldn't work on my 2. As far as I know there is not trick...but if you found an extended battery on ebay that works and charges in the phone please post a link, I want one and I'm sure a bunch of others would too. Sorry about the seidio though...and moto is too wimpy to produce a real beast extended battery and only offer something like 1800mah.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
P

PhoneZilla

Reaction score
Its a known issue...I was pissed when I found out my mugen 3200mah battery from my droid 1 wouldn't work on my 2. As far as I know there is not trick...but if you found an extended battery on ebay that works and charges in the phone please post a link, I want one and I'm sure a bunch of others would too. Sorry about the seidio though...and moto is too wimpy to produce a real beast extended battery and only offer something like 1800mah.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
This is where I bought my 3500mah battery. It's slimmer than the 2600mah seidio and the battery door that shipped with it looks "normal" compared
to the hood scoop door that seidio made.
I have not tested to see if there's a difference with the time between the 2 batteries even though the 3500mah generic battery should be longer.
The 3500mah time has been shorter in my Droid 2 Global than the 2600mah seidio was in my Droid 1. That's either because of D2Gs
faster processor or the generic battery is overrated. Not sure.
But even though the Seidio battery is bigger with smaller mah I noticed that it's hollow inside the
battery case almost like the cells are sitting in an oversized box. Where as the generic batteries cells were placed in a case without a bunch of bulk.
I weighed both batteries on my digital scale that reads grams and ounces and found both nearly weigh the same
even though the seidio is much bulkier.
But the best part is that the generic battery WILL charge in my D2G phone and it was only $11 for a super extended battery.

Last edited:

tjarvis

Reaction score
Looks like you put a lot of research into it. Thanks for the link...when I get a spare $11 I will have to order one. I'm sick of carrying a spare battery with me all the time if I'm 5 hours without a charger. What is the mah rating showing in batter stats with the generic? I doubt its acually high quality cells that hold the full 3500mah and I'm sure it would only last about 6 months, but for the price who cares lol.