Seidio Extended Battery

masterxchief

Reaction score
I just received my Seidio Innocell 2600mAh Extended Life Battery for the Motorola Droid a few days ago and wanted to give my first impressions. It comes in two pieces: the extended battery and the battery cover. The battery cover is made from the same material as the Innocase which is a soft grippy material. Once installed the bulge of the battery does not seem as large as it does in the pictures on Seidio's site. Also there is very little bulk added from the battery. In fact it feels like it weighs as much as the Droid with its regular battery. The back cover fits very tightly so I don't think anyone will have the same issues many experienced with the stock battery cover. The phone feels great in my hand even with the back part sticking out. Seidio recommends that you charge this battery for 8 hours the first time and go through 5-6 charge cycles for the battery to reach its peak performance. I am in the process of doing this so I will post an update soon.

IMG_0354.jpg
IMG_0356.jpg

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Wow, that looks like it extends 3/8" out from the back. I had an similar extended battery for my old Moto Q and did not really like the feel of that. Thanks for the photos, I will check back for performance reviews.

Robert

arty2hottie

Reaction score
interested to hear the results, but that is HUGE! :icon_eek:
That's what she said. Sorry I couldnt resist. Seriously though cant wait to hear how this battery works for masterxchief. Im interested to see if it doubles like seido says it does.

Big Lou

Reaction score
I could not use this at all times, but this would be nice if you are on a plane and cannot charge your phone!

hacku

Reaction score
That looks HORRIBLE!

I would rather just carry an extra charged battery with me or a charger than carry the phone with that ugly thing.

Good luck!

Shinobi326

Reaction score
It reminds me of the STARTAC days with the extended life battery. At least with the STARTAC the entire back of the phone was battery instead of the humpback whale here...

searayman

Reaction score
eeek, so ugly what was seido thinking. When will there slim extended come out?

Zecpull

Reaction score
I made the mistake of buying the first..Seidio extended battery. I was not impressed, I am sending it back after 3 charge cycles.it was still half the life of the droid OEM battery.
I love there cases..and their screen protectors..but they have a way to go in the battery market if you ask me.