SD Card

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
Can I just removed my SD card from the Droid 2 and put it into my Bionic? Is there anything I have to do or be worried about?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
You can.. although I choose to copy what I wanted to keep off the SDCard from my DX and just move it to the bionic... but that took far more time than it would take you to just swap the cards.

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
You can.. although I choose to copy what I wanted to keep off the SDCard from my DX and just move it to the bionic... but that took far more time than it would take you to just swap the cards.

How did you do that?

Just connect your DX to your computer, transfer the files you want to a file on the computer, then conncect your bionic and transer those files to the bionic? This is what I'm thinking of doing.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Thats EXACTLY what I did.
Created a folder called DroidX Backup and you know the rest ;)

the only advantage to this really is that the SDCard in the Bionic will be clean except the exact files you want.. no thumbnails and crap.. but I did it anyway

thunder550

Reaction score
Another potential benefit to copying your stuff to the new card is the card class. The card I pulled from my DX was a class 2, the one the came with the Bionic is a class 4, which is faster.

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
Okay, I've transferred everthing that I want form my old SD card. How do I reformat/erase my old SD Card data?