Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops?

buthomps87

Reaction score
Separate post so that if mabbio had more questions, he wouldn't have to delete a bunch of crap quoting me. :D

Killing time getting ready for work, made another little dock and another icon. Going to stick with this basic setup for a while.

Minimalistic text
Wallpaper from here: Spectrum Wallpaper by ~minimanjapan on deviantART

What dock and icons are those???

They're mine. The icons are ones that I've been working on, the ones in the screenshot are the only one's I've made so far. I think I'm going to switch to using a gradient like in the dock as opposed to picking a color from each icon for the "glow" part (blue from the dialer, green from sms, etc.)

The dock is a tweaked version of a glass shelf type dock that I made. I'm not sure how I feel about that color gradient on it. I might try making one with just the colors in the wallpaper.

edit: Dropbox with the docks that I've made: Dropbox - Photos - Online backup, file sync, and sharing made easy.

They are of varying quality and "doneness." Some were abandoned works in progress, made to test out an idea, etc. glassshelf_short_curve is the latest (and best probably) version of the different glass shelf docks that I've made.

I really like the icons, any way you could see me them

mkcm97

Reaction score

ntrddragn

Reaction score
So iim trying to re-live my younger days with this. LOL its not my car :/ what do you guys think? lining up those phone/browser/text line is a pain.

Ha ha! I like this, great idea man. Very creative! I bet it was a pain!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Haha..thanks. i should of done some sort of 'tattoo' text on some boobies and it would have been better. and receive on this thread better? LOL

billjohnson

Reaction score
Wasn't going to end up posting anything today but I found a wallpaper that I really dig. I'll do something better later on but it's not bad for a quick setup. HTC widgets on all other screens.

ultrastigi

Reaction score
What icons are those that look like they are buried in the background?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

billjohnson

Reaction score
Roost-something. The set of black and white is in my Dropbox which can be found over at custom-android.net. Check it out.

ultrastigi

Reaction score
How do u access peoples dropbox? Is it through a computer or the phone? Ice tried looking it up but I couldn't figure it out and I feel stupid for asking since everyone talks bout it.

billjohnson

Reaction score
Haha it's cool man. If you want one yourself just let me know and I'll send you a link. But on the page I linked you too, the top link bar will say Dropboxes. Click on that and then browse through mine (sammysamcore) and everyone else's. Dropbox is a great online sharing service that you can manage from any computer with the client installed. Let me know if you can't find it. :D

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Thanks! Ill be sure to check it out once I get out of work. I wanna get into making the nice setups like I keep seeing on here.

spoooon

Reaction score
@buthomps87

I'll put them in my dropbox after I get home from work. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

biodroid

Reaction score
^^ that is awesome! Did you make them icons yourself? Digging the 3D and lining that dock up must of taken awhile, they look awful close together tho ;)

mkcm97

Reaction score
thanks ;) but the icons are Aelous by raadius, I just added the reflections and placed them on the dock. and btw, there supposed to be that close haha

mabbio

Reaction score
wallpapers..

my only other question is do you have any knowledge on making wallpapers. i wanna take an image and make the whole image the background. i don't wanna crop it. and even when i make it the actual size of the screen i still have to crop. do you know how to stop this?