Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops?

ntrddragn

Reaction score
So iim trying to re-live my younger days with this. LOL its not my car :/ what do you guys think? lining up those phone/browser/text line is a pain.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

spoooon

Reaction score
Reusing an old wallpaper, back to simplistic and messing around with a different take on the black bar bit. :D

VanZandt

Reaction score
So iim trying to re-live my younger days with this. LOL its not my car :/ what do you guys think? lining up those phone/browser/text line is a pain.

Ha ha! I like this, great idea man. Very creative! I bet it was a pain!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

spoooon

Reaction score
Reusing an old wallpaper, back to simplistic and messing around with a different take on the black bar bit. :D

Can you give me a walk through on making a minimal setup like this?

This is assuming you have some familiarity with the widgets involved. Feel free to ask any questions, no such thing as a dumb one. :D

ST = static text
On my homescreen, use spaces, that dot, commas where appropriate to separate things.

Launcher = ADW EX, 10x10 grid, main dock enabled, transparent icon to launch the app tray

Font= SegoeUI Light

Clock: minimalistic text, [hour][st][minutes], left aligned, big font size

Calendar/Weather: minimalistic text, [day of the week][st][month][st][day][st][weather condition][st][temp][st], center aligned, little font size

Call and Text are both minimalistic text widgets with the tap to function enabled. So they act as shortcuts. Too lazy to make icons, etc.

I made the dark band on the wallpaper. I wanted it to match that grey shade on the lady.

spoooon

Reaction score
Separate post so that if mabbio had more questions, he wouldn't have to delete a bunch of crap quoting me. :D

Killing time getting ready for work, made another little dock and another icon. Going to stick with this basic setup for a while.

Minimalistic text
Wallpaper from here: Spectrum Wallpaper by ~minimanjapan on deviantART

mabbio

Reaction score
thank you very much.

Can you give me a walk through on making a minimal setup like this?

This is assuming you have some familiarity with the widgets involved. Feel free to ask any questions, no such thing as a dumb one. :D

ST = static text
On my homescreen, use spaces, that dot, commas where appropriate to separate things.

Launcher = ADW EX, 10x10 grid, main dock enabled, transparent icon to launch the app tray

Font= SegoeUI Light

Clock: minimalistic text, [hour][st][minutes], left aligned, big font size

Calendar/Weather: minimalistic text, [day of the week][st][month][st][day][st][weather condition][st][temp][st], center aligned, little font size

Call and Text are both minimalistic text widgets with the tap to function enabled. So they act as shortcuts. Too lazy to make icons, etc.

I made the dark band on the wallpaper. I wanted it to match that grey shade on the lady.

thank you very much that helped alot. i have always wanted to do a minimal setup and never understood how people did it...

spoooon

Reaction score
Separate post so that if mabbio had more questions, he wouldn't have to delete a bunch of crap quoting me. :D

Killing time getting ready for work, made another little dock and another icon. Going to stick with this basic setup for a while.

Minimalistic text
Wallpaper from here: Spectrum Wallpaper by ~minimanjapan on deviantART

What dock and icons are those???

They're mine. The icons are ones that I've been working on, the ones in the screenshot are the only one's I've made so far. I think I'm going to switch to using a gradient like in the dock as opposed to picking a color from each icon for the "glow" part (blue from the dialer, green from sms, etc.)

The dock is a tweaked version of a glass shelf type dock that I made. I'm not sure how I feel about that color gradient on it. I might try making one with just the colors in the wallpaper.

edit: Dropbox with the docks that I've made: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/22683305/1/Docks?h=92d762

They are of varying quality and "doneness." Some were abandoned works in progress, made to test out an idea, etc. glassshelf_short_curve is the latest (and best probably) version of the different glass shelf docks that I've made.

Last edited: