Screen stays black. even after removing battery

jalexmontes

Reaction score
I was sitting on my couch today and as soon as i done texting a friend i pressed the lock button and then the phone slipped out of my hands fell to the floor. I picked it up and opened the keyboard.
The keyboard lights lit up but then went black a few seconds after.
and now the phone doesnt even start up. I removed the battery several times now and still doesnt boot up
i connected the charger and the white light next to the usb plug turns on.
nothing is working.
i went to verizon today and they are sendind me another phone through the mail.
is this a known issue? i searched and didnt find anything.
is there any possible way i can start my phone up?

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
if they are sending you a new one it shouldnt matter about the one that you Dropped.. i think the issue "might" not be the screen going black as much as it was the phone being dropped since the problem didnt start until after it was Dropped.? or am i wrong?

OP
J

jalexmontes

Reaction score
oh i forgot to mention, i dropped it on soft carpet. not hard floor.
and it was only about 3 feet off the floor.

OP
J

jalexmontes

Reaction score
apparently this is a known issue
the forums on verizonwireless.com have several posts about it.
just thought to let ya'll know

loribug26

Reaction score
Ok but I dropped my Palm Centro 100 times in the 2 years I had it, and never even caused a glitch. You can't tell me that its not normal for them to get dropped once in a while! It shouldn't cause a major meltdown in a phone. If so I'd better take mine back right now.

OP
J

jalexmontes

Reaction score
apparently this is a known issue

Dropping it and it not working a Known Issue?.....lol Ya Think??

call me crazy but i dont think a phone dropping on SOFT CARPET once should cause problems/bugs.
and i was referring to the phone not turning on at all as being a known issue. other people have reported this issue without ever dropping the phone.

Droid Won't Turn On - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community

for some people battery pulls worked.
for me it didnt.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
call me crazy but i dont think a phone dropping on SOFT CARPET once should cause problems/bugs.
correct it shouldn't, but it can and does happen as you've seen.

There's a video on youtube of a guy stomping on the Droid and eventually the screen cracks and he abuses it some more and it keeps working : )

I won't post the video because the guy uses some choice words during the video but this particular Droid takes a SEVERE beating and keeps on going.

The littlest thing can "break" some of these devices while others can take substantial abuse. No rhyme or reason to it.