Help screen blackout tried everything

nameuser

Reaction score
Ive been through lots of forums and tried everything. did a battery pull many times, tried to factory reset....failed, left on charger for hours,let it sit overnight with the battery out. i completely took it apart also and put it back together, nothing... so heres whats wrong, its has a black screen and will not boot. i was getting out of my car and it fell from my lap. not a big fall at that. it hit the bottom right corner and it was also in a case.... screen went black and the keyboard was still lighting up. i instantly did a battery pull. nothing. now the keyboard is not lighting up. it powers on but will not boot up. when i tried the factory reset it seems the screen to get brighter so im assuming it still getting some kind of signal. also the battery was at about 15% when dropped. any help is greatly appreciated. i bought the phone out of contract and will have to do the same to replace it, so id like to fix it and not buy a new one

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hi nameuser...welcome to the forum. i'm sorry to say i think your droid is broke!!!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is the phone charged?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is the phone charged?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Backnblack may be asking because, despite your report that you've charged the phone, if you tried to charge the phone from your car or computer, you may not have charged the phone. Try the wall charger if you have not done so. And if that doesn't work, try a new battery before you buy a new phone.

OP
N

nameuser

Reaction score
... those are the words i was hoping not to hear :/ . i have been using a wall charger for it, ill go get a battery for it today and try that. ive been spoiled with my droid and i have to have one lol i wont go back to any other phone lol. in the event that it doesnt work im going to buy a new one. here is the thing though im on metro pcs not verizon, i know a ****ty network with an awesome phone. i figured i could live without 3g to pay half the price for service. but anyways i know i can get a droid for dimes on the dollar with a dirty esn, and if i remember correctly when i have it flashed over it doesnt matter if the esn is dirty. is that true? or am i going to run into problem ?

OP
N

nameuser

Reaction score
so the battery thing didnt work, but better news came. i took my phone in to a repair shop and it was able to be fixed!!! a component had came loose (dont know which one) but it was fixed. spent $50 but much better than losing the phone!