I think I fried my droid

johall07

Reaction score
Ok, fine. I said I was done with the argument. If you want to win you can. I stick by what I said. You are doing something to a device that was not meant to be done. You ARE taking a risk.

That's all I need to say - I think I made it clear I don't care if you screw Verizon out of a new phone if it burns.

Well, just don't go away mad. I was mostly just having some fun because I'm bored. I even sort of agreed with your "totally unfounded" :) statement that the phone is being damaged, by saying that if it lasts over a year or two then I'm happy.

And by the way, I would never ask Verizon to warranty a phone I fried. I would file an insurance claim though and get one of those refurbs from Asurion (sp?). I'm convinced they pay less than $89 for them and therefore their 6.99 a month fee is still 100% profit (minus some commissions and paperwork overhead) even if everyone got a replacement from them. But that's another discussion altogether.

vz gives you refurbs too i had to get one cause my screen came loose and the one they gave me the wifi didnt work and got another :icon_eek:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah and that's one of my points - I have the Droid I got when they first came out and it works perfectly. I don't want a refurb. Ick.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah and that's one of my points - I have the Droid I got when they first came out and it works perfectly. I don't want a refurb. Ick.

hey hey hey....not a refurb. "Like-New: Certified" lol :)

Actually I have one of those...but got it before I rooted.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like New meaning broken before - with all the germs on it and nose picking the guy who owned it before did. Ick.

johall07

Reaction score
Like New meaning broken before - with all the germs on it and nose picking the guy who owned it before did. Ick.

i dont have germs :icon_eek: