Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Let's end the talk on Fraud...Please

daftlush

Reaction score
It's not charged enough. Happens to me all the time when running off comps usb.

OP
C

clwither

Reaction score
It wasnt a charging issue. Nothing wrong with rooting the phone, it just depends on what stupid thing you due to the phone afterwards

NoKz

Reaction score
Wow this convinces me even more NOT to root my phone.

Rooting is fine, there's nothing wrong with it. If you're still paranoid, just use the Roms in my signature. They're on the stock kernel and aren't overclocked. :icon_ banana:

Last edited:

NoKz

Reaction score

Rooting is fine, there's nothing wrong with it. If you're still paranoid, just use the Roms in my signature. They're on the stock kernel and aren't overclocked. :icon_ banana:
Any problems with that 1.2ghz kernel?

Nope! I've been at 1.2GHz for about....3 weeks now. I haven't had a single issue with that kernel and BB 0.7.6. It also works well on BB 1.0. :icon_ banana:

OP
C

clwither

Reaction score
Without overclocking what's the point?

further customization of the phone for one, root only apps second, and last ... that's all i got lol

OP
C

clwither

Reaction score
Oh I know!! Because for quite some time we couldn't get root access =)

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
I've been overclocked on my droid for a few weeks now also. So far I have seen that issue once or twice but once the phone sleeps for a minute its fine. I'm running 1GHz now and was at 1.2 before. I think the only rom I saw that on was a 2.1 rom come to think of it.

OP
C

clwither

Reaction score
I've been overclocked on my droid for a few weeks now also. So far I have seen that issue once or twice but once the phone sleeps for a minute its fine. I'm running 1GHz now and was at 1.2 before. I think the only rom I saw that on was a 2.1 rom come to think of it.

Yeah i started at 900mhz then went to 1ghz. I dont think im ever going to clock higher than that again. Its just not wroth it... Or at least until i can get a temperature application

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
There is one available on the market. Just search for temp sensor. Mine runs constantly around 87F I've been as high as 114F with no issues. Our processors are rated for higher temps than that.

loop4zil

Reaction score
There is one available on the market. Just search for temp sensor. Mine runs constantly around 87F I've been as high as 114F with no issues. Our processors are rated for higher temps than that.

I had one crash and reboot in about a month being at 1GHz.

It was a sunny day... I wasn't doing anything in particular...then out of no where (!) some insane/crackly/crudy/digital/burpish noise came out of my droid!...a sound that should NEVER come from any machine ever...every thing stopped...the birds went quiet...the trees stopped swaying in the breeze...in the distance a dog barked...I stared down at the droid in my hand and the screen was frozen...then it flickered...YES the screen flickered! and then went blank..I began to wonder..."Am I the one!...will I be the first person on Droid Forums dot net to honestly say that I 'fried my droid'!?!"

Then it rebooted and we went on our merry way.

No issues since then

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only real problem with OC'ing it is newb's dont set it to a lower setting at idle, or when charging. Leaving it at 1200Mhz all the time is asking for trouble.

Then you have the typical ones who push it a bit too far, but that just involves lowering it slightly.

I also really can't see the store figuring out what has happened, they are going to see if they can ressurect it, and when that fails, they'll give you a story like the display burnt out, not knowing that you may know more than they do on it.