Bricked Droid!!! Please Help!!!

olydroid7

Reaction score
So... I rooted my Motorola Droid and put on the Ultimate Droid 7.8 ROM onto it. Since I did that, I was on firmware 2.1. The problem was that I used nandroid to restore into the Smoked Glass ROM. Now that I did that, my droid is only turning on 1 out of every ten times when I press and hold the power button. When it turns on, it displays the Motorola logo, and the Smoked Glass boot screen (blue eye/ confetti), and before you know it, it just goes black, dead. Also, I can't boot into recovery. I charged it all night (9 hours) last night. With this information, please Rescue Squad, HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Okay for starters your droid is not bricked. if it was then it wouldnt work at all. but it sounds like if you can get into recovery then you will probably need to flash the 2.01 sbf there's a guide to doing that in my signature :). but you can if you want wait for one of the rescue squad members to respond but im pretty sure this is what you'll need to do.

here is the link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/24707-unroot-unbrick-your-phone-using-sbf.html

hogowner

Reaction score
you are holding the x and the pwer button and you can't get into recovery??

Try taking your battery out for a minute...put it back in..then try to boot into recovery

OP
O

olydroid7

Reaction score
Thanks for the responds. I went to the guide and it says I will need to reactivate it... with verizon??? Is this the only way?? Also, I do have a nandroid stock backup I made before I installed any custom ROMs. If only I can get into recovery mode, than I can restore to that. There isn't any other way to boot into recovery mode (x and power button dosen't work)???

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
Thanks for the responds. I went to the guide and it says I will need to reactivate it... with verizon??? Is this the only way?? Also, I do have a nandroid stock backup I made before I installed any custom ROMs. If only I can get into recovery mode, than I can restore to that. There isn't any other way to boot into recovery mode (x and power button dosen't work)???

reactivation is easy once you restore it will prompt you to make a special call select option 1. dance to the music(optional) then it will tell you activation is complete.

Reaction score
no there isnt. x and power button is the only way to boot into recovery mode. and as far as reactivation goes its pretty simple, just dial *228 then #1 and then #2 and you'll be all set :)