Screen Rotate

Starbuckpga

Reaction score
So I picked up the new Razr over the weekend, really like it.

Just one question, so the screen not rotate when I turn the phone horizontal? Obviously it works fine vertical, but usually on most phones when you rotate the phone, the screen rotates as well. I'm hoping there is an option I need to enable.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Settings > display > auto-rotate-screen

If you're using a custom home or something as well you may need to enable it in the homes settings but that will enable it globally

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

OP
S

Starbuckpga

Reaction score

If you're using a custom home or something as well you may need to enable it in the homes settings but that will enable it globally

Thank you kindly. Sure enough it was not enabled.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No problem happy to help

Deron

Reaction score
There is a free app called Dazzle, downloadable from the market, that has widgets which can be used to toggle the screen rotation, screen timeout, screen brightness, and various other settings right on your home screen. Just fyi, since you already solved your issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There is a free app called Dazzle, downloadable from the market, that has widgets which can be used to toggle the screen rotation, screen timeout, screen brightness, and various other settings right on your home screen. Just fyi, since you already solved your issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Yea I have that app myself haven't used it though it's still installed but no widgets in use since the powerbars in the pull down ha

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The "extended controls " widget has a ton screen toggles.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

seans65chevy

Reaction score

I have gone to settings>display>auto-rotate-screen checked it and unchecked still no rotate. what is the home settings and how do I access it. Thanks in advance.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have gone to settings>display>auto-rotate-screen checked it and unchecked still no rotate. what is the home settings and how do I access it. Thanks in advance.

Depends what home replacement are you using? And if you have it checked in settings display it'll rotate in the browser messaging etc probably just not your home screen as a lot of homes and some apps have settings to disable rotate. For instance one of my apps boot manager we've disabled landscape on the loader screen

timmmy

Reaction score
i have my razr for almost a week and then last night my auto rotate stopped working, i checked the setting and its enabled so i dont know whats wrong, are the any suggestions

seans65chevy

Reaction score
i have my razr for almost a week and then last night my auto rotate stopped working, i checked the setting and its enabled so i dont know whats wrong, are the any suggestions

I had the same problem. Turned the phone off for like five minutes turned it back on and it was fine.

hiniker88

Reaction score
For the last month or so the auto rotate has not been working on my RAZR. It does not matter what i have selected in the settings

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
What OS are you currently on? Have you done a hard reset by holding down the volume down and the power button for about 10 seconds?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If you are using the stock launcher, the screen will not rotate on your home screen but will in applications. If you use a third party launcher (Go, Apex, Nova), then your screen should auto rotate no matter what (unless you turn auto-rotate off).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums