Screen Orientation Question

Celiece

Reaction score
I have the motorola droid, in the past my phone would do the portrait view, and then if I tilted it on its left side it would go into landscape, whether or not the slide out keyboard was opened. However now, my phone goes into landscape even if I tilt it to the right, this is extremely annoying at times because the slightest tilt and my phone turns one way or the other and I guess the way I hold my phone is awkward. My phone is rooted, I run BB V0.2.1 Froyo, and Launcher Pro I don't know if any of them are the issue, or if there is something I can do, let me know please.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
A new feature of 2.2 FroYo is that Landscape view works on both the right side and left side of the phone. I think this was intended for phones like the Nexus One that don't have an internal keyboard, but I guess it's now a part of FroYo for all android phones.

I don't think there's a way around it.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I have the motorola droid, in the past my phone would do the portrait view, and then if I tilted it on its left side it would go into landscape, whether or not the slide out keyboard was opened. However now, my phone goes into landscape even if I tilt it to the right, this is extremely annoying at times because the slightest tilt and my phone turns one way or the other and I guess the way I hold my phone is awkward. My phone is rooted, I run BB V0.2.1 Froyo, and Launcher Pro I don't know if any of them are the issue, or if there is something I can do, let me know please.

Agreed with above post also, its a "feature" that I find intereating, even though I never turn my phone over on that side. It is nice though when your looking at something in landscape, being able to just turn the phone over to show someone something.... I digress

You can turn auto rotate off though, and install a widget that toggles your orientation. Thats about all that I can think of that would kindda sorta fix your issue

OP
C

Celiece

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, any idea on what widget may do that? otherwise I will have to suck it up.