Some screens stay in portrait orientation while Droid is in landscape car dock mode

r314bd

Reaction score
The incoming call/in call screens remain in portrait mode even when my Droid is in the car dock in landscape orientation. Hadn't seen a thread about it so I thought I'd post it

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I run across this sometimes, where I pivot my phone and it doesn't switch as often as I'd like it too, but it doesn't occur often enough for me to say exactly when it does or doesn't it. I think the last time the phone rang in the car, in the dock, I unlocked by moving the slider from bottom to top, so I don't think the answer call screen has a landscape and portrait mode.

I was bouncing around and ended up on the phone dialer screen in landscape. It exists and I don't like it :)

GryphonD

Reaction score
Auto Rotation issues / ERE25 and ESE53

I have been unable to attain rotation of screens with either of these builds, no matter ther kernel and or ROM used. My phone screens stay in Port mode unless I slide the physical screen. Would love to have a fix for this soon...... :):motdroidvert:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some apps require portrait or landscape mode so they use that orientation and lock the screen rotation. I don't know if you can do anything about it.

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
Some apps require portrait or landscape mode so they use that orientation and lock the screen rotation. I don't know if you can do anything about it.

We can't, at the moment. But it is definitely a bug, since car dock mode is designed for landscape mode, and every single other built-in app (lock screen, home screen, gallery, browser, email, car home, calendar, music, maps, youtube, etc.) all switch to landscape mode while in the car dock. The phone's dialer/contacts/call log/favorites all show up in landscape as well...it's only the in-call/incoming call screens that stay in portrait...makes no sense