Screen goes dark

Saturnal

Reaction score
Hi, I have been using my D2G for about 2 weeks now and occassionally the screen will go "dark" during use. I dont think it's the timeout setting since I am actively using the device when it cuts out.

Thoughts on what may be causing and how to correct?dancedroid

droidfused

Reaction score
black out

IDK what it is mine does it too. I changed the time out setting from one to Two minutes then back to one and it seems to have gotten better. Maybe a glich in the OS?

steeda2005

Reaction score
Ooops...sorry hit submit by accident. Hehehe...

So mine does it to. From research I have found out this...when ur phone is in the close position, at the top of the phone, to the left of the ear piece/motorola (word) there is a very tiny red dot. I mean tiny. U wont see it if your key board is out. Any ways, this tiny...did I say really tiny? Red dot is a sensor. If ur hand/finger covers it or even moves over it. ur phone thinks its time to sleep. Try to stay away from that light and ur issue is resolved. Its in the worst spot, cuz thats where u hold ur phone. They should have stuck the sensor on the right side.

Hope this helps. I still hit it from time to time. Frustrates the heck outta me!!

Lisa

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Ben.

Reaction score
Settings > Display > Disable "In-Pocket detection"

OP
S

Saturnal

Reaction score
Ahhh OK. That makes sense now. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App