scratch test

bobneumann

Reaction score
just wondering if the screen is scratch resistant like an iphone. any help would be great. i hate putting those screens on the phone :/ i have looked everywhere trying to find something about it but nothing yet.

Stigy

Reaction score
I highly doubt anyone is going to scratch test their screen for you.

The iPhone screen is pretty scratch resistant even with keys in your pocket and they are both glass screens so I am going to assume the same is true for the Droid.

OP
B

bobneumann

Reaction score
ok i just did a test. i was dying to know and i couldnt wait for someone else to try it so i tested on a lil corner at the top. i tried it with a lead pencil tip first some light taps, scraped it a lil back and forth. no scratches. so i took a scissor and did the same thing on the same spot. still no scratches. so next i took an exacto knife and did the same thing. this time even harder taps and scrapes. still nothing. so i dragged it across the screen and did some more harder pokes and still no scratches. i didn't dare do it too hard though but it seems like its at least resistant to light and medium scratches. seems like google put some heavy thought into this phone afterall. wonder if its made of tempered glass...

KineticYellow

Reaction score
Wow. That's an impressive display of "taking one for the team". I have been carrying mine around like a damn baby, so that makes me feel better!

denlem

Reaction score
The screen will scratch. Don't know what it takes, but when I got mine on release day, I was playing with the nav on the ride home. With the light hitting the screen just right, I saw my screen was loaded with fine scratches. I went back to the store and they compared it to another one and it was fine and swapped it out for me.

I don't know if it came from the factory like that or if I got a device that was somebodys toy first.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
ok i just did a test. i was dying to know and i couldnt wait for someone else to try it so i tested on a lil corner at the top. i tried it with a lead pencil tip first some light taps, scraped it a lil back and forth. no scratches. so i took a scissor and did the same thing on the same spot. still no scratches. so next i took an exacto knife and did the same thing. this time even harder taps and scrapes. still nothing. so i dragged it across the screen and did some more harder pokes and still no scratches. i didn't dare do it too hard though but it seems like its at least resistant to light and medium scratches. seems like google put some heavy thought into this phone afterall. wonder if its made of tempered glass...

Hey,

r u really sure u did those scratch tests? I 'd like to see a video of that ^^
:D all in all, as Motorola likes satisfied customers, tha "glass" should be scratch resistant,depending on what kind of scratches u apply ;)

Tigger

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

medicTHREE

Reaction score
The screen will scratch. Don't know what it takes, but when I got mine on release day, I was playing with the nav on the ride home. With the light hitting the screen just right, I saw my screen was loaded with fine scratches. I went back to the store and they compared it to another one and it was fine and swapped it out for me.

I don't know if it came from the factory like that or if I got a device that was somebodys toy first.

SHens.

It is a glass screen. IF it scratches, it is going to be a big scratch/break. Just like the iPhone or the storm. Sure you didn't have a screen protector on it still???

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Invisible Shield (Zagg) Protective Skin 20% Discount Coupon Code on InvisibleSkinz.com Store My Digital Life

just bought one of these zagg invisible shield things. 20% discount and a link to the retail site on this link. thanks for testing it out though bob. breathe easier until it gets here.

anyone tried one of these zaggs out before?

They offer great protection, but on a glass screen I won't be using it. Plus, invisible shield's material makes your finger stick when you swipe, etc.