If you have questions about durability....WATCH

Reaction score
Before you did that, I was wondering if it was someone at a store or something.
I couldn't imagine doing that to my phone. Glad it didn't scratch.
Thanks for that vid.

namelessNN

Reaction score
now if only we could stop the fingerprints :)

great vid though. makes me less worried about accidentally putting my keys in the same pocket!

daelight

Reaction score
Pure balls. Way to take one for the team!!!

Thank you. No shield for me either.

onejake

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

It seems that *most* of the smart phones out now have glass screens that are very difficult to scratch.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah i have had the lg dare and the ipod touch for years (1+) without protectors, and they never scratched, and believe me i wasn't so delicate all the time.

droid shouldn't be much different.

by the way, great job out of the OP. you are crazy but the video was hilarious and informative

f00f

Reaction score
That was absolutely epic! Thanks for the vid!

Now if only the screen were as resistant to smudges as it is to scratches.....

PetrolHead

Reaction score
And here I was SECONDS from placing an order for a screen protector. Thanks for the video, i'm really happy to see that the screen is so durable.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome, I now feel a little better about not having a screen protector on it, I really didn't think it was necessary with glass, now i KNOW it isnt.

biggestmexi

Reaction score
i like the video but im still getting a protector set. even if ill just but it on the back. i drop phones a lot. bad habit

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
my goodness, i didn't know the screen was that scratch resistant, i'm honestly amazed. I just got my Zagg Invisible Shield full body installed yesterday, but it was only $30 for lifetime warranty. Doesn't hurt to have extra protection either, but my goodness, my jaw dropped when i didn't see a scratch on the "unprotected" screen.

the3dolla

Reaction score
i um..

I um can't believe it either; almost like you're tricking people into try it and then woah it scratches! I was thinking about getting a screen protector, but then the screen isn't as "slick" so I kind of feel like I don't want one; then I see this and am pretty sure I won't be getting one.. perhaps just a pouch to transport it in..