Scratch on screen

gruve

Reaction score
Some how I have a scratch on my Droid screen, easily noticeable when the screen is off or a dark background. If I run my fingernail along the screen, I can feel the scratch. Is there any ways of getting scratches out? I have searched the forum and the web with no success. I ordered a Zagg today to protect the screen. Bummer, when you’re very careful with your phone too! I guess another option would be is to return it to BBY as they have a 30 day no questions asked return policy then purchase another…. Hmm.

Istus

Reaction score
My guess would be that you may be able to use some kind of a lens scratch remover. Most glasses or camera places should have something that may work.

OP
gruve

gruve

Reaction score
M

Matth3w

Honestly, I don't. But I had the same warranty on my LG enV3 and they covered me from falling into a pool when some drunken idiot pushed me...

Last edited by a moderator:

Istus

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't. But I had the same warranty on my LG enV3 and they covered me from falling into a pool when some drunken idiot pushed me...
Be sure to take video if you prefer this method of warranty return. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
This is not a place to discuss possible insurance fraud.

Thanks for understanding.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Gorilla Glass scratched?! :icon_eek: Don't tell me that... I just broke myself from using a screen protector... finally a nekked Droid!

M

Matth3w

This is not a place to discuss possible insurance fraud.

Thanks for understanding.
It's not insurance fraud. The insurance policy covers you for everything, from negligent water damage, to running the phone over with a car. They will tell you that when you buy it or call to make a warranty claim.

I told them straight up that some drunk idiot pushed me in the pool and they immediately replaced my LG enV3.

There's a deductible and you can only use it every so often, so it's not like you can really abuse the policy.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I thnk Backnblack was talking about the general idea of getting the insurance after the damage and then filing a claim.

BUT in reality I would fall out of my chair if they would replace a Droid for a simple scratch on the screen, a crack yes, but doubtful for a scratch. This is considered normal wear by most companies.

Now if you get the insurance and then get real upset about the scratch and(in a fit of rage) throw it against a brick wall scattering it to peices..and then filing a claim, I guess that's different. As long as you didn't smash it just to get a replacement, that would be "fraud" :)

Last edited:

naman919

Reaction score
Some how I have a scratch on my Droid screen, easily noticeable when the screen is off or a dark background. If I run my fingernail along the screen, I can feel the scratch. Is there any ways of getting scratches out? I have searched the forum and the web with no success. I ordered a Zagg today to protect the screen. Bummer, when you’re very careful with your phone too! I guess another option would be is to return it to BBY as they have a 30 day no questions asked return policy then purchase another…. Hmm.

lucky for you, the Zagg Invisible Shield will "fill" in the scratch and it will disappear.

Put the IS on before you return the phone. Unless it's a groove from a knife or something really deep and wide.

I had a scratch from a set of keys in my pocket. The scratch was probably about 1/2" long and noticeable with the backlight off.

Put on my IS and it was "filled in" with the solution and the IS material.

It's gone and there is no distortion.

JMHO. But then again, if it's not satisfactory, then you've just used your IS and need a new one. They have lifetime warranties but you'll have to pay for shipping.

(not Zagg scamming either, they have a policy for device switching. they'll give you another one less shipping.)

Last edited:
M

Matth3w

Which is exactly what I was talking about. At least, when I signed up (and also when I filed my claim with my LG), they told me ANYTHING was covered. You drop the phone on the concrete and it breaks or sit on it, still covered. Water damage from jumping in a pool with the phone in your pocket, still covered.

It's a pretty nice policy. Especially on the Droid I wouldn't do without it.