Sbf question

detox

Reaction score
Before rooting, i did the ota update to 2.2 and am wondering which Sbf file i would use in case i bricked my phone. As of right now, i have rsd lite 4.8 and Sbf 2.2 file downloaded and ready to rock. I've read that if I've done the ota update that i should not attempt to flash back to 2.1. Is this correct?is the 2.2 sbf the one i should run in case i run into problems? I just want to be ready if it does happen. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yup. just make sure u have the full one and not the system only that TBH put out a while ago..

they arent coming down any time soon so even if u do have issues u can always download the right one

OP
detox

detox

Reaction score
yup. just make sure u have the full one and not the system only that TBH put out a while ago..

they arent coming down any time soon so even if u do have issues u can always download the right one

I got both rsd lite and sbf from rootzwiki. I understand i may have to reboot a few times before it finally boots.
I've also read i may have to *228 if i have no radio. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks again

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sounds about right. lemme know if u have any more questions

OP
detox

detox

Reaction score

So you're the man when it comes to sbf. I had to do my first last night. Not so bad but I was nervous. Anyways, what's the difference between a full sbf and a system sbf? Im thinking about the new leak 2.3.320 . I have evrything downloaded also with the system sbf. Is it worth it or should I just wait for the full sbf?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

So you're the man when it comes to sbf. I had to do my first last night. Not so bad but I was nervous. Anyways, what's the difference between a full sbf and a system sbf? Im thinking about the new leak 2.3.320 . I have evrything downloaded also with the system sbf. Is it worth it or should I just wait for the full sbf?

system only sbf only restores the /system folder back to stock while the full one will fix anything you did outside of that folder.

why do you need to sbf now? if you messed something up on the newest version, then you can only use sbfs for that version..

OP
detox

detox

Reaction score

system only sbf only restores the /system folder back to stock while the full one will fix anything you did outside of that folder.

why do you need to sbf now? if you messed something up on the newest version, then you can only use sbfs for that version..

I sbf'd last night trying to change lock screen text. Messed up the framework somehow and when I restored everything was force closing. None of my backups would work and I couldn't wipe data or cache so I just took the plunge.

No I was thinking of the new leak but haven't done it yet. I think I'll wait for the full sbf.

Thanks

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yea i wouldnt do it yet until the full one comes out but its your call..

CellZealot

Reaction score
The full SBF will not be released. We will be providing other alternative solutions to recover in the event of a problem.

OP
detox

detox

Reaction score
The full SBF will not be released. We will be providing other alternative solutions to recover in the event of a problem.

I didn't know there was an alternative to unbrick your droid other than sbf.....hmmmmm......