Can someone please help?? I can't SBF

TVC430

Reaction score
I really need some help. I am running my DX with the leaked 2.2 and have installed FlyX and restored back to stock 2.2. I want to try some other ROMS but I am not comfortable doing this without an SBF safety net. I have near bricked my phone a few times and have used Koush's bootstrap and restore to save my bacon more than once. But the last time I thought I needed to SPF with no luck. I finally got the phone to finally boot into Clockwork and was able to restore.

I still am not been able to SBF. I think I am the only one in the world having this problem. I have been trying off and on for a few weeks and have not been able to solve the problem.

I am currently running stock leaked 2.2 with beasly's prop.build and LPro. I am also running PC with Windows 7.

I have installed the RSD Lite with patch file for SBF 2.1.
I have pasted the patch file which replaced the pst_flash file in the Motorola/RSD file. I confirmed the change of date for replaced pst_flash.
I have installed the 32 bit motorola driver files.
I boot into bootloader (V 30.01)
I bring up RSD Lite on my computer and connect to the SBF file
I plug my phone into the computer.
I see my phone in RSD Lite
I click on my phone and the information about my phone appears in RSD Lite.
The start button never comes on. It stays grayed out.

I have downloaded both the SPF file and RSD Lite from different locations and installed and tried. I have done the same with the driver files, unistalled and reinstalled many times.I have uninstalled and reinstalled device drivers to see if that helps. I can bring up ADB with no problem. I can see my SD card with no problem from my PC.

Please, does anyone have any ideas or see something that I am not doing correctly?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try putting the 2.1 SBF on the desktop. then if that doesnt work, try renaming it by adding a character or 2 and then deleting them. its worked for others before.

OP
T

TVC430

Reaction score
Thanks Abe21599

I have tried moving the sbf file to desktop and various folders before. I have not tried renaming.

So tried moving the sbf to the desktop again just now, and also in the c:\ root and in C:\Programs folder. I also tried adding characters and removing and did not activate the start button.

Oddly, the only way I can get the start button to activate is if I load the spf into RSD Lite through a memory stick in my usb. If I try to flash it I get a "flash failed" error.

OP
T

TVC430

Reaction score
Thanks Abe21599

I have tried moving the sbf file to desktop and various folders before. I have not tried renaming.

So tried moving the sbf to the desktop again just now, and also in the c:\ root and in C:\Programs folder. I also tried adding characters and removing and did not activate the start button.

Oddly, the only way I can get the start button to activate is if I load the spf into RSD Lite through a memory stick in my usb. If I try to flash it I get a "flash failed" error.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try rebooting your computer or using another one if available..