Why can't I get this to work for me

bharkin

Reaction score
I am trying to get RSD Lite 4.7 with patch to work on my Win7/Droid X combo. I have install/uninstalled numerous times, replaced the .ini file till I am blue in the face. RSD can see my phone, can start the .sbf file, but it always finishes the same way, can not complete due to it being a multi-user file blah blah blah..... Someone help me.

EDIT: I have followed the Unbricking your Droid post religiously!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you operating the computer as the administrator?

hacku

Reaction score
I've only installed RSDLite with the patch on a WinXP machine. I'll give it a shot on my Win7 system when I get home tonight.

OP
bharkin

bharkin

Reaction score
Are you operating the computer as the administrator?
Yes I am.
I've only installed RSDLite with the patch on a WinXP machine. I'll give it a shot on my Win7 system when I get home tonight.
Thanks. When I try, it either says that the phone is not compatable with the file (multi-user error or something like that) or won't do anything at all.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why it seems like I am the only one that can't get this to work. I have fried 2 Droid X's now, and being able to use an .sbf to restore one would be so helpful. But if not, at least I have about 10 more months of warranty left.... FedEx already knows me on a first name basis..dancedroid

vince10

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that ive sbf'd my x and droid countless times. Have you tried a different sbf file?? if you want i can send you mine just give your email

vince10

Reaction score
Ok all I need is your email pm me with your email we can't post sbf links here.

evildesign

Reaction score
Can you post the the Flash Error Log that RSD Lite creates, it should be stored in the same directory as RSD Lite executables.

OP
bharkin

bharkin

Reaction score
Can you post the the Flash Error Log that RSD Lite creates, it should be stored in the same directory as RSD Lite executables.
I just tried again to do it, this time on a 64 bit Win7 laptop, same results.

Here is the error log:

17:45:32, September 08, 2010
Line: 235
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file.
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\MIFlash.cpp
Device ID: 0
Line: 1183
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Flash failed.
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashThread.cpp
Line: 587
ERROR: Flash failure: Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (Error Code: 3b),
Detailed Error Details: Direction of the Error=No Direction, Command Value=0, Code Group Number=No Codegroup
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp

Any help would be appreciated.

BlownSi05

Reaction score
When you install the drivers, make sure you run the motorola driver tool as an administrator when in WIn7 (i.e. shift+right-click and select run as admin). The program will not be able to clean in install/update the drivers unless you run the tool as admin. I fought with this for a while myself and finally figured it out.

OP
bharkin

bharkin

Reaction score
When you install the drivers, make sure you run the motorola driver tool as an administrator when in WIn7 (i.e. shift+right-click and select run as admin). The program will not be able to clean in install/update the drivers unless you run the tool as admin. I fought with this for a while myself and finally figured it out.

I did that. Still having the same problems.

akula1

Reaction score
How did you do it? I'm having the same trouble. I am running win 7, 64bit. I had RSD lite 4.7 with patch and it worked. I updated my drivers to 4.8, and running RSD lite 4.8. Now for the life of me I cannot get RSD to see my phone. The computer sees it on device manager. I have uninstalled, I have toggled. Nothing works. I cleaned my registry too.

Please help.