OP
detox

detox

Reaction score
It would be nice to have the info before we had any issues

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

B

budmonster

So there is not a full SBF file for 2.3.20 yet, only a "system" SBF? What the difference?

CellZealot

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't mean to be mysterious.

I am a member of TeamBlackHat. We are the ones who generally get the firmware builds first and have been releasing all of the leaked builds for all of the Motorola Droid devices.
I created TBH with P3Droid as a vehicle for releasing and developing the leaked builds to better manage the resources I have to get these files as well as our own in house developments.

In order to protect those resources, we don't always release the full SBF files unless required and if we have permission to do so.
What we do is build release update.zips that generally contain the system only of a given release. That practice has been significantly undermined by Motorola's continued use of various new methods of preventing that kind of manipulation of the firmware.
Each new version from Moto contains new layers that have to be figured out in order to safely flash the new versions for end users.

So, Moto is making it increasingly tougher to mod your phone and we are trying to keep up the pace with our efforts to provide usable versions of the latest leaked builds. That is proving to be very challenging but we are learning quite a bit through this process and can now create our own custom SBF files that contain the necessary components to recover from various flashing problems that many users have experienced when attempting to load these releases.

Obviously, we try to test them as thoroughly as possible prior to release, but given Moto's penchant for constantly changing the rules, we are always playing catchup to their games.

We try very hard to give explicit instructions for loading them and clear warnings about the risks, but many users still manage to have a myriad of problems that are most often their own fault. Nonetheless, the whole undertaking is much riskier because of the successive changed bootloaders with each release and unforeseen bugs are catching many people who follow instructions and pay attention to details.

So, we are working very hard right now to develop and provide as many options and solutions for recovery as we can conceive and devise for these issues.

That's what we do! ;)

OP
detox

detox

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't mean to bei mysterious.

I am a member of TeamBlackHat. We are the ones who generally get the firmware builds first and have been releasing all of the leaked builds for all of the Motorola Droid devices.
I created TBH with P3Droid as a vehicle for releasing and developing the leaked builds to better manage the resources I have to get these files as well as our own in house developments.

In order to protect those resources, we don't always release the full SBF files unless required and if we have permission to do so.
What we do is build release update.zips that generally contain the system only of a given release. That practice has been significantly undermined by Motorola's continued use of various new methods of preventing that kind of manipulation of the firmware.
Each new version from Moto contains new layers that have to be figured out in order to safely flash the new versions for end users.

So, Moto is making it increasingly tougher to mod your phone and we are trying to keep up the pace with our efforts to provide usable versions of the latest leaked builds. That is proving to be very challenging but we are learning quite a bit through this process and can now create our own custom SBF files that contain the necessary components to recover from various flashing problems that many users have experienced when attempting to load these releases.

Obviously, we try to test them as thoroughly as possible prior to release, but given Moto's penchant for constantly changing the rules, we are always playing catchup to their games.

We try very hard to give explicit instructions for loading them and clear warnings about the risks, but many users still manage to have a myriad of problems that are most often their own fault. Nonetheless, the whole undertaking is much riskier because of the successive changed bootloaders with each release and unforeseen bugs are catching many people who follow instructions and pay attention to details.

So, we are working very hard right now to develop and provide as many options and solutions for recovery as we can conceive and devise for these issues.

That's what we do! ;)

So when will we get to see one of these custom sbf files. Im anxious to try this leak but am not ready without something to fall back on

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't mean to be mysterious.

That's what we do! ;)

appreciate the work and keep us updated with what you can :)