My DX wont take the SBF file.....HELP!

prince1071

Reaction score
I'm trying to SBF and it isnt working for me. I made the attempt to SBF earlier and it went through the process as normal with a "100%/Successful" end result from RSD lite and now my phone is stuck in a boot loop at the M...when I try to redo the SBF process it tells me "FAIL" each time and I've tried different methods, meaning I used different downloads (SBF Files) but RSD will only recognize one of the SBF files that I have. When I select a different file the RSD "START" button isnt active for me to attempt the flash process.....

PLEASE HELP, ANYONE, IF POSSIBLE........thanks

I should add that I'm able to get the phone into "bootloader" mode and plug it in where RSD will recognize the phone but it wont run the flash process. I tried to get it into recovery mode also but nothing happens when I press the "search" button....just the "yellow exclamation" on the screen, but it wont go into "recovery mode" for me to attempt a wipe or factory reset...

XDRDX

Reaction score
The easiest way to SBF is to download ubuntu iso mount it then use the wubi installer choosing the second option then reboot into linux and use sbf_flash.

Follow this guide.

Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

SBF always works from linux and is easy as pie!

Howie Dub

Reaction score
Maybe try that method in the"new way to sbf" thread. I did that and it worked for me.