Saving a Location in Navigation

mbogosia

Reaction score
On my Garmin I can simply click on my map and save the location under a favorite. Is there anyway to do something like this with the google nav? I know you can pull up contacts, but I was hoiping there was a favorites/saved button we could go to. If not, I am sure they will add this in the future.

dennugsmello

Reaction score
I learned is pretty easy but its has to be done from google. Go to your google account>maps>my maps. There you can create all your waypoint & locations. Then go to you droid google maps>layers>more layers>my maps. Then you can use the list of your favorite locations.

rip14

Reaction score
Long press on the homescreen, then shortcuts, then directions.

I set up a folder on my homescreen with all my "favorites" in it.

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Ok, been trying to figure this out as well. I know you can use Google Maps online and bring that over to the Droid, etc. However, I'm not following you guys here as to how I'd say, sit in front of my house, and tell it to save where I was as a waypoint for easy call up in the future. I don't want to sit at my computer and try and figure out addresses to places I go regularly and load them into Google Maps then onto my Droid. Just want to go somewhere, decide I'll be back, then save it on the Droid.

I'm guessing I'm missing something here so be gentle. :)

RichStevenson

Reaction score
My Maps Editor from Google, will allow you to create a new Google map, mark it with your location, and sync it to your My Maps.

GadgetRick

Reaction score
My Maps Editor from Google, will allow you to create a new Google map, mark it with your location, and sync it to your My Maps.
Thanks. Going to check it out.

What I don't understand is why you can't just do this from Maps like EVERY GPS system out there. Cumbersome to have to go to another program to save a point then go back to Maps in order to navigate.

RichStevenson

Reaction score

What I don't understand is why you can't just do this from Maps like EVERY GPS system out there. Cumbersome to have to go to another program to save a point then go back to Maps in order to navigate.

Yea I hear ya, but it's still in beta. I'm sure there are many more features to come.

GadgetRick

Reaction score

Yea I hear ya, but it's still in beta. I'm sure there are many more features to come.

I think you're right. I'm just impatient... :)