Question about navigation

H2oSprayer

Reaction score
I noticed that when using the navigation I was sent in a route that I would have rather avoided. If I were to create a route using Google maps prior to my trip, save it to my maps in my Google account, can I then select one of these saved routes to have my Droid navigate rather then simply entering an endpoint and having my Droid select it's own route?

Second question, is there a easy and quick way to dim the navigation screen when using at night?

Tony09

Reaction score
The sun button on the power widget will dim it quickly. Had to figure that one out last night.
Does anyone know how to prevent the navigation from talking when you get a phone call? Hard to listen to two voices at once.

OyVOid

Reaction score
I love using the navigation while traveling. But I have to agree, the voice gettings annoying after awhile. Just hit menu and there should be a MUTE icon. You press that and you don't have to hear it but you can still see the route.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
With navigation can you set a home route for your gps and favorites? or do you always need to begin with speaking to the unit, or manually enter everytime?

jabeez

Reaction score
With navigation can you set a home route for your gps and favorites? or do you always need to begin with speaking to the unit, or manually enter everytime?

I haven't found a way to do this other than setting up shortcuts in a folder on my homescreen with destinations (home, etc.). Works OK, other than having to back out of car mode to get to the folder to then get the directions.

As for the brightness, yeah I used the brightness button to jack it up during the day, but had to take it all the way down at night or it was way too bright. Of course the day I get back from a trip we get the update to maps with night-mode...

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score

I haven't found a way to do this other than setting up shortcuts in a folder on my homescreen with destinations (home, etc.). Works OK, other than having to back out of car mode to get to the folder to then get the directions.

As for the brightness, yeah I used the brightness button to jack it up during the day, but had to take it all the way down at night or it was way too bright. Of course the day I get back from a trip we get the update to maps with night-mode...

Yeah i don't think it has that capability yet..I noticed a recent update added in night mode, because as of a week my maps were still bright at night in nav mode.