Sapphire 0.8.4 install information

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Important information for users of Clockwork recovery: right now only version 2.0.1.3 or earlier is supported for installing Sapphire. In some instances even this doesn't work, in these cases you will need to flash SP recovery to install.

Please make sure your zip files have a .zip extension, and not .zip.zip.

Recommended install order of operations:

Install base package + gapps (if using SP recovery, you can mount usb storage in between installs to rename files to update.zip)

Boot Sapphire, enter google account information, and let apps sync + install. Don't open market until sync is complete.

Once done, install alternate themes and kernels as you wish. It's good to make a backup before trying these.

Last edited:

montyboy

Reaction score
Is this just for the base, or for all of the options (i.e. Google pack, Kernel, and theme)?

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Base + gapps, the above definitely applies.

Themes, I'm honestly not sure. Might have problems there as well.

Kernels should be OK.

montyboy

Reaction score
Thanks, again :)

I would like to know though, what dependencies are created between the build and the Rom Manager version that would cause an update to Rom Manager to break 'compatibility' with a custom ROM install?

Does Rom Manager require a custom ROM to follow certain build patterns in order to be compatible?

I've always thought of Rom Manager as merely a shortcut to bypass USB mounting, downloading, installing, and rebooting into recovery - Obviously I'm mistaken.

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
The problems are with the recovery itself (clockwork), not ROM Manager.

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
bump to keep this on top - maybe I can get sniffle to sticky it.

seahawk1984

Reaction score

Install base package + gapps (if using SP recovery, you can mount usb storage in between installs to rename files to update.zip)

Noob here (just rooted phone yesterday), was wondering what the base package + gapps were? I didn't see any referance to that when I rooted to Sapphire 0.7.0 using SPRecovery, So not sure if I got those already? or if I need to get them yet? I didn't see anything about needing those at start [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki].

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Noob here (just rooted phone yesterday), was wondering what the base package + gapps were? I didn't see any referance to that when I rooted to Sapphire 0.7.0 using SPRecovery, So not sure if I got those already? or if I need to get them yet? I didn't see anything about needing those at start [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki].

If you want to install Sapphire 0.8.4, there is a link to its release page on the main Sapphire site. Please read it carefully before installing.

seahawk1984

Reaction score

If you want to install Sapphire 0.8.4, there is a link to its release page on the main Sapphire site. Please read it carefully before installing.

Thanks, checking it out now. Seems simple enough. :icon_ banana:

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
habit I've gotten into is flashing spr then rebooting to recovery to test it before installing anything. then paste needed files over and it just works.

dakoop

Reaction score
Weird?
Is clockwork and saphire combo always going to cause problems or is it just common?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weird?
Is clockwork and saphire combo always going to cause problems or is it just common?

I have heard others saying that they have problems with clockwork and installing ROM's, so I don't think it is a "sapphire" problem, but more a clockwork problem.