Sapphire 0.8.4 install information

Duhman

Reaction score
I have installed Sapphire using the newer clockwork recoveries, but I had to pull the updater-script file out of the update.zip file then edit it by deleting the line w/ the assert that keeps failing.. it is similar to this:

assert(!less_than_int(1277837854, getprop("ro.build.date.utc")));

then save the edited updater-script and drag it back into the update.zip, overwriting the original one. Save the update.zip and install via Clockwork recovery. Definitely not the preferred way to do it, but it can be done if you don't want to keep flashing different recoveries.

Why exactly is that check needed/required? TIA

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have installed Sapphire using the newer clockwork recoveries, but I had to pull the updater-script file out of the update.zip file then edit it by deleting the line w/ the assert that keeps failing.. it is similar to this:

assert(!less_than_int(1277837854, getprop("ro.build.date.utc")));

then save the edited updater-script and drag it back into the update.zip, overwriting the original one. Save the update.zip and install via Clockwork recovery. Definitely not the preferred way to do it, but it can be done if you don't want to keep flashing different recoveries.

Why exactly is that check needed/required? TIA

I'm not sure that it is - it's possible it may be removed in the next release.

Viper323

Reaction score
Hopefully this will be fixed soon, I was really looking forward to trying out Sapphire tonight... =(

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can verify that the test build 0.9.5 installs successfully on the latest clockwork recovery.

Wraith

Reaction score
Looks like I found the right thread for this;

So, after going from stock 2.1 to Sapphire 0.7.0 I noticed a few apps missing from the Market.

Then, after going to 0.8.4, still noticed them missing. I have not done market patch, but am wary about this.

I noticed 1 app I paid for was gone, and confirmed with author is should be visible to 2.1 and above. Also, a few randoom searching for things on "Droid Apps" site could not find them.

Anyone else having this issue?

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like I found the right thread for this;

So, after going from stock 2.1 to Sapphire 0.7.0 I noticed a few apps missing from the Market.

Then, after going to 0.8.4, still noticed them missing. I have not done market patch, but am wary about this.

I noticed 1 app I paid for was gone, and confirmed with author is should be visible to 2.1 and above. Also, a few randoom searching for things on "Droid Apps" site could not find them.

Anyone else having this issue?

What's the app - I'll see if I can see it.

Did you tell the app dev you were running Froyo?

Wraith

Reaction score
Yup, told him phone was running 2.2.

The app is just a game, so no biggie. Wizard War (full version).

I also tried to search for Mobile Andrio from Droid Apps site, but not found on market.

And, I thought there was a Alarm Clock Plus V2 I used to have, but only see V1...

And a couple other misc searches were blank, don't recall now.

Mostly minor stuff, as I happened to find ways of getting apps through other means if necessary, if available. Would like to have full Market though.

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup, told him phone was running 2.2.

The app is just a game, so no biggie. Wizard War (full version).

I also tried to search for Mobile Andrio from Droid Apps site, but not found on market.

And, I thought there was a Alarm Clock Plus V2 I used to have, but only see V1...

And a couple other misc searches were blank, don't recall now.

Mostly minor stuff, as I happened to find ways of getting apps through other means if necessary, if available. Would like to have full Market though.

I don't see Wizard War (full) in market - sorry.

The market "hack" would probably have those apps show up, I would guess.

Wraith

Reaction score
OK...tried Market patch and it worked...very smooth.

Andrio and Wizard War (full) both appeared in market. Nice patch evidently.

Sweeeeet.

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK...tried Market patch and it worked...very smooth.

Andrio and Wizard War (full) both appeared in market. Nice patch evidently.

Sweeeeet.

Just to be clear (since I know cvpcs cares), the market "hack" was simply a change to build.prop - the actual market application was not altered in any way.

Anyway, glad that restored your apps - we're coming up on the time when this hack will not be needed (i.e., when the OTA hits).

Wraith

Reaction score
Yup, that's why I said "patch"...

Glad to have regular market working again.

Anyways, what do you mean about not needing it, just to clarify for me?

Since Sapphire is showing 2.2, it won't get pushed will it?
I wouldn't want to push it myself, then later have to go back and reinstall (or even backup) everything and do this all over again. 0.7.0 and 0.8.4 were enough with the 3 installs I just did....yeah....I'm abit lazy when it comes to resorting my phone.:icon_eek:

There's probably another topic for this, but since we are in the latest Sapphire thread should be ok to restate for noobs like me.

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's why I said "patch"...

Glad to have regular market working again.

Anyways, what do you mean about not needing it, just to clarify for me?

Since Sapphire is showing 2.2, it won't get pushed will it?
I wouldn't want to push it myself, then later have to go back and reinstall (or even backup) everything and do this all over again. 0.7.0 and 0.8.4 were enough with the 3 installs I just did....yeah....I'm abit lazy when it comes to resorting my phone.:icon_eek:

There's probably another topic for this, but since we are in the latest Sapphire thread should be ok to restate for noobs like me.

I mean once the OTA is out there should be no need for anyone to use the market hack.

dragonflyr

Reaction score
been reading all about 0.8.4 tonight. gonna do this in a little bit. coming from stock 2.1 .. but i think i've got everything lined up correctly; SPRecovery installed and a current backup.

it seems like if i use the recommended install using SPRecovery, then apply gapps, and then market patch .. it should be smooth sailing. no themes or anything crazy at first .. i just want a nice stable build. seems like everyone like this rom .. so, i'm pumped. will try shortly. thanks for all the great info!

i think, for now, i only have one question; there is an overclock kernal included? so, i can set a faster clock speed with stuff included in this instal?? thanks ..

Last edited: