Samsung Stratosphere Coming Octuber 13th

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
strato.jpg

This mid-range Android powered device has been in the rumor mill for quite some time now, but it seems like the wait is almost over. The Samsung Stratosphere's specs were leaked earlier this week, 4-inch Super AMOLED display, Android 2.3 and 5MP rear-facing camera included, but now Droid-life has leaked the release date as well. The website got a word in with the Verizon gods and apparently this device will be coming our way in just 4 days. Whenever this device is launched, we will certainly try and get you guys a review of it in a timely manner.

For more discussions on the Stratosphere, be sure to check out http://www.droidforums.net/forum/samsung-stratosphere/

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If my D3 doesn't work out I'll be going Bionic, but I'm going to have to look into this.

celtic11

Reaction score
Kind of wish the Droid 3 was brought with these specs.. hm..

Am I missing something? The only specs I see are 4" super amoled screen, android 2.3, and a 5mp camera? The only place the droid 3 could be considered lacking is the screen which I personally prefer over the amoled screens.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
What is this priced at? I think it's like $149? Good price for an LTE device. Sadly this phone is no different then the epic. So the price IMO should be like $99. Still this should be solid.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
4", LTE, Slideout Keyboard, hmmm... how about ram and processor.. are those known?

If this would of been ICS it would be an idle phone... its annoying knowing a phone your buying is outdated right out of the box..

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
4", LTE, Slideout Keyboard, hmmm... how about ram and processor.. are those known?

If this would of been ICS it would be an idle phone... its annoying knowing a phone your buying is outdated right out of the box..
1GHz Single core of some kind, probably a qualcomm and probably 512mb of RAM.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
1GHz Single core of some kind, probably a qualcomm and probably 512mb of RAM.

Could be a Hummingbird.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something? The only specs I see are 4" super amoled screen, android 2.3, and a 5mp camera? The only place the droid 3 could be considered lacking is the screen which I personally prefer over the amoled screens.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
Oh I agree. Look past at many of my other posts(xda thread "do you droid 3 owners still like your phone" and other threads on here) and I always mention I love pentile because imo, Super Amoled seems to over exaggerate colors whereas pentile is much more realistic.

However, 4G and super amoled is something that probably would have been pretty popular for the Droid 3 had it been advertised a lot. And if that was the case, I probably would have never touched pentile in the first place.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Samsung Stratosphere Launching October 13: Full Specs and User Manual Available - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

This thing will most likely have the same specs as the Epic does. Old old choppy 1ghz hummingbird processor. I had one in my Fascinate. Processor is junk in terms of performance but has a good GPU for graphics. Voodoo lagfix may help processor, but it's just very bad out of box. The Hummingbird processor is dumbed down in terms of performance compared to the other single core processors. The single core in the Inc2 for example is up to around 40% faster. Ram if its like the Charge or Epic will be 512 with only about 340 available, not nearly enough.

Positives IMO of this phone: Screen, keyboard, 4g LTE.

Negatives: Horrible support, probably very little updates from Samsung (Fascinate took 9 months to get Froyo), bad processor, low ram, bad build quality, old version of touchwiz (choppy much)