Samsung Launches An IMEI Checker For Recalled Note 7 Devices

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

There is one sure fire way to tell if your Note 7 has been recalled. Did you buy it any day before today? If yes then your Note 7 is recalled. You need to take it to your carrier or whoever you bought it from and get it replaced immediately. If you purchase a Note 7 in the future you should check the IMEI first via Samsung's new IMEI checker tool to be sure that the phone you are looking to buy has not been recalled. If you buy a recalled Note 7 from a shady Craigslister you may have not recourse for getting it replaced.

To use the tool head to the link below. Enter your Note 7 IMEI and click the check button. The tool will then tell you if your phone is defective or not. You can apparently also check your Note 7 IMEI status through the Samsung+ app, but only if the phone is turned on which is not advisable at this point.

via Samsung

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
"Should be replaced" That should be "MUST be replaced"

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Checked mine, it's on the recall, I'll exchange when the new hopefully arrives next Wednesday...

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Has anyone tried ordering a loaner S7 or S7E from their carrier and then using the promo that's available? I just ordered another S7E as my loaner and going to try.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I really hated to lose my Note 7 as I already like it almost as much as my old note 4 but yesterday we parted ways. Of course the sim would not fit the note 4 as it seems every time I change phones the sim size has become smaller Got a new S7 edge as I thought it would be fun seeing if it was as good as the Note 7. It is not.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
"Should be replaced" That should be "MUST be replaced"
Totally! Anyone that holds onto a defective phone (battery) is taking extreme risk unnecessarily .

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Putting others in danger also if you are driving or flying with faulty phone.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Putting others in danger also if you are driving or flying with faulty phone.
I'm more concerned with flying. Not like you can roll down the window and throw it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk