Samsung Galaxy S2 Specs and Photo Leak

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung has been the center of quite the buzz for the past week or so, ever since the announcements of its Galaxy S line on each of the four major US carriers. Although the Galaxy S may be a top-of-the-line smartphone now, of course something must be in the works for the next generation. But maybe it's too soon to have a leak already. Or not.

Just as we've heard with HTC's super-secret next-gen phone, and Motorola's hypothetical '2ghz' phone, Samsung seems to be preparing a beast of its own. Let me introduce to you the Samsung Galaxy S2 (i900).
95t1yp.jpg

Equipped with a 2ghz processor (maybe dual-core), 4.3" 1280x720 AMOLED 2 Display, 1GB RAM, Bluetooth 3.0, Gyroscope, and an 8MP camera with "full HD", this surely will be an amazing device, if it ever surfaces. The rumor is that we should expect to see the Galaxy S2 early in 2011. Hopefully it will be 4G capable, and on all 4 carriers, like its predecessor, the Galaxy S.

Here is the full list of proposed specs:

• 4.3” 1280x720px Super AMOLED 2 display
  • 2GHz CPU, 1GB RAM/4GB ROM
  • 32GB of built-in flash memory, +32GB microSD card slot
  • 8 mpx camera with FullHD video recording
  • A-GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n
  • 3.5mm audiojack
  • accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity and ambient light sensors
The new Samsung Galaxy i9200 should run on Android 3.0 OS.

via Phandroid
source Itrans

Last edited:

bd1212

Reaction score
Sexy specs. The design on it is alright, but I've seen better.

mmobley

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That thing is ugly~! But the internals are rock solid!

yurdle

Reaction score
USB 3.0? I know this doesn't matter too much on a phone..(maybe for tethering speeds??) just curious... as it has Bluetooth 3.0(possibly)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hardware wise it looks drool worthy, I'm a little unsure about samsung tho, I haven't quite accepted it as an android manufacturer quite yet (don't ask why cause I don't know lol just a feeling). I hope the droid pro has similar features other wise I might have to give this a real chance!

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid
:|

c0y0te

Reaction score
I've had a feeling for the past year or so that I may one day become an all out Samsung fanboi. While the thought of being any sort of fanboi creeps me out, I'm currently eyeballing a new laptop and multimonitor setup and then news of this beast shows up...

If we get word of a slider type iteration of this, it might just put me over the edge. I'm talking tee-shirts, here (/joke). Can someone give me some really bad info about Samsung that will snap me out of this?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, plug in a keyboard and ext monitor and you have yourself a computer :)

him

Reaction score
damn damn damn damn...why do they do this too us!?!?!?!?